cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

osig files on the S8?

CJG360
Honored Guest
We have a GearVR app working on multiple devices.  We bought a bunch of new Samsung S8's to add the app to those devices, but the osig file is not working on them.  I went through the same process to get the device ID from the older devices, but on the S8's, it doesn't seem to work.  I've now tested three different S8's and all of them give me an error 'The APK is not signed' when I open my app.  Has anyone had issues with getting a working osig file on the S8?  I'm stuck right now and am really not sure what to do.  Thanks!
7 REPLIES 7

nueand
Honored Guest
Same here Cj, Im also facing the same bug on my galaxy s8 running android 7.0.

CJG360
Honored Guest
Thank you both.  It seems like this may be related to the Samsung OS.  I updated that phone to the newest os and the app worked after that.  I'm going to test this on one of our other S8's to confirm that that's the issue and will comment here after.

CJG360
Honored Guest
@imperativity
I just created another app and I included three osig files - one for my personal S7 edge and two for the new S8's we just got.  The app worked on my phone and one of the S8's.  Both S8's were fully updated and I've confirmed that the device ID is correct on both.  Also, the S8 that is not working now was the one that worked after I updated the operating system earlier.  I tested a different app earlier, one that was much smaller as a quick test, but used the same osig file.  Now, that's the phone that is giving me the APK not signed error.

selvin_jack_980
Honored Guest
Oculus Experience on IGI 2 Mission 9 Watch On YouTube

Subhra10
Honored Guest
Thanks for the post

Droidbaazar
Honored Guest
Nice Work.

Summer4185
Honored Guest
I'm also facing the same bug on my galaxy s8 running android 8.0.