Did you mean: 

"Error: the APK you uploaded can't be processed" - gearvr apk upload

Anonymous
Not applicable
I get this message when uploading a new version of an existing apk
The previous line from the command line tool is:
validating package contents (4 / 5)
There no other obvious error/info about what's going on 

This apk is: an apk submitted successfully from ~a year ago + some art changes + changing the platformsdk to the new version (from the 2 separate .sos to the single loader, this was successfully reported by the uploader, and them corrected) + changing the install location to auto (also successfully reported/corrected)

Does anyone know what this error means? Has seen it before? Has a solution?

The equivalent application for rift was updated similarly (art change, rebuild, resubmit) and had no problems.

The equivalent non-signed apk (w/ osigs) installs/runs just fine directly onto the phone/gear.
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Also this is happening for two different (but very equivalent) builds/appids, (one that references a staging environment w/ slightly different art, as well as our release version).

Anonymous
Not applicable
After investigation I've found some combo of the following worked:

1 - updating from api 19 to 21 (both in the build and manifest)
2 - the older platform .so's were still being included in the deployment (even though they weren't being linked against, run).  (Note I wasn't getting the error reporting these needing to be removed which i had previously gotten - maybe something is weird here)
3 - chicken sacrifice - in the form of a tasty sandwich.

Hopefully this helps anyone who runs into this issue.

InnerExodus
Adventurer
Glad to hear that you have resolved this issue. Thank you for sharing your solution with the forums!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Heh, one year later, I get this again, search on the internet, find this post and it's surprisingly helpful!  This time the error message is 'ERROR: The APK you uploaded can't be processed.' (in 'step 2')

In addition to (1) from above i had to update the gradle build tools line to 21 (since everything's now gradle-y here one year in the future):
    buildToolsVersion = "21.1.2"