cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Thread priority security exception" when using Android's sharedUserId

radazen
Honored Guest
I have a Gear VR app that's available on the Oculus store through key-based distribution. Some of my users are still experiencing the "Thread priority security exception. Make sure the APK is signed." error, even though the app is being distributed through the Oculus store and osig files shouldn't be required.

What I think may be causing the problem: my app is actually two apps, one Gear VR app and one Android companion app (available through Google Play). The companion app is a 2D interface for downloading and managing content; the Gear VR app is a purely 3D app for viewing that content. They share data via Android's sharedUserId mechanism. I noticed during development that both my Android companion app and my Gear VR app had to have appropriate osig files when using a sharedUserId. If I try to run the Gear VR app while the Android companion app is installed (but doesn't have an osig file), I'd get the "Thread priority security exception" message. Another user seems to have had this issue as well: 
https://forums.oculus.com/developer/discussion/comment/308653#Comment_308653

I was hoping this wouldn't be an issue now that my app is being distributed through the Oculus store. Is this a known issue? Is there a workaround beyond restructuring my apps to share data without a sharedUserId?

Thanks!
0 REPLIES 0