cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I the only one who took two days...

Pixelfox
Expert Protege
...to notice the clear film covering the bottom half of the outside that I could peel off (in a slow, satisfying way)?
15 REPLIES 15

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
That's hilarious! I've had my GO since Day 1 and I just now peeled it off after reading your post.

Pixelfox
Expert Protege
It was the little ring around the microphone hole that got me puzzled, then I spotted the tab with the arrow that was basically saying "pull here idiot."

I'll blame the fact that I need reading glasses for close-up vision these days, but I don't need them when using the Go so I've probably never seen it clearly 🙂

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
What's interesting is that I was talking to another forum member through the Oculus Party last night, for about an hour. And I was wearing the GO headset for most of it. He confirmed that my voice was clear.

The plastic covering the mic was there the entire time lol

Failrunner
Heroic Explorer
I watched a billion unboxings so knew to take it off. However I have had devices that I took the plastic off the day I was getting rid of it because it was being replaced after owning it for over three years. Just didn't see it!

Pixelfox
Expert Protege
There's a hole cut in the plastic for the mic which is what I first saw as a funny shadow/ring around the mic hole, so as long as it's aligned properly (and some process engineer somewhere is rightfully proud of this) it should work fine, plastic film or not.

rsilvers
Explorer
I only see it now that you mentioned it.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I wonder how many Oculus Go users who don't read the forums still have it on. Do you reckon they will catch on at some point or will they always have the film covering firmly in place for as-long as they have the GO..

fungusman
Protege
I do this for EVERYTHING. I've kept the plastic on stuff for years saving it for a special day lol. Drives girlfriends crazy 😛

Pickleschlitz
Expert Protege
just peeled mine off too