cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone experience headset drift?

Failrunner
Heroic Explorer
I notice a slight headset drift. I keep having to center the headset. It's very slight and doesn't always happen but I did notice it and wanna know if anyone else has this issue. 
12 REPLIES 12

Tpfitz
Protege
I haven’t experienced this. I only have about 6 hours of use though, 2 hour gaming, 4 hour movies, but in that limited experience, haven’t had any issue with drifting. 

cybereality
Grand Champion
In my experience so far with Go, the drift seems pretty low. However, as with any 3dof system, it can happen. While some small amount of drift may be normal, if it seems to happen in an excessive amount, you should contact us. Thanks. https://support.oculus.com/

AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Pixelfox
Expert Protege
It's normally rock-solid without anything like a slow drift, but sometimes I'll come out of an experience back to its main menu or exit it, and I'll find things have shifted like 30 degrees to the right and I have to re-center. The controller can get off by similar amounts. I haven't figured out if there's a particular sequence of head movements that is more likely to confuse it. But for things like static Netflix watching it's been solid so far.

Failrunner
Heroic Explorer
Thanks. It is a very small issue. Sometimes it doesn't happen at all. It may be the way i'm handling the hmd idk. When I used to use cardboard drastic movements would throw the sensor off. Because the silly holder required you to throw the phone into the holder really fast the screen would sometimes spin out of control until you set the phone down for 10 seconds. 

burning_airline
Expert Protege
Mine drifts every day.  Not a constant drift, but little jerks to the left.  Might have something to do with my head angle?

Pickleschlitz
Expert Protege
I've had it suddenly go off to the left so I have to turn my head to see the center. Using the centering button didn't fix it. Quitting the app and restarting did.

Pixelfox
Expert Protege

I've had it suddenly go off to the left so I have to turn my head to see the center. Using the centering button didn't fix it. Quitting the app and restarting did.

Holding the O button on the controller just set's the controller's "forward" direction. For the headset orientation you have to press O once to get out to the home menu, then under Settings (which may come up automatically if you're in an app when you do it) there's a "Reset View" option in the middle of the menu bar that will let you set your display "forward" wherever you want it.

AnnoyedDragon
Protege
Only in the 'Face your fears' app thus far and it's always to the left, particularly in the bed one.

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
I get a lot of drift when using the void cinema when lying down. But none really using static cinema backgrounds.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.