cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone experience headset drift?

Failrunner
Heroic Explorer
I notice a slight headset drift. I keep having to center the headset. It's very slight and doesn't always happen but I did notice it and wanna know if anyone else has this issue. 
12 REPLIES 12

AnnoyedDragon
Protege
I just tried The Well and it was some of the worst drifting I've experienced thus far, though that may be down to it being a longer experience. It kept drifting to the right, which is a new one for me. Had to exit the game to correct it every couple of minutes, until I decided it wasn't worth it.

It's a shame because it looked to be a good experience and had beautiful visuals, hopefully it gets corrected down the line.

-edit

Noticed there was drift in the main menu that wasn't previously there, indicating something was up. I rebooted the headset while it lay flat on a table, I'm not sure if the recalibration or rebooting helped but drifting improved significantly after. Sorry for blaming the above mentioned game, I've corrected my review.

Rob_In_Phoenix
Rising Star
I noticed a little drift to the left in Netflix.

Pickleschlitz
Expert Protege

Pixelfox said:

I've had it suddenly go off to the left so I have to turn my head to see the center. Using the centering button didn't fix it. Quitting the app and restarting did.

Holding the O button on the controller just set's the controller's "forward" direction. For the headset orientation you have to press O once to get out to the home menu, then under Settings (which may come up automatically if you're in an app when you do it) there's a "Reset View" option in the middle of the menu bar that will let you set your display "forward" wherever you want it.

Thanks for the tip!