cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arrrrrrrrgh - Help - Oculus App update required

Mumbleboy
Honored Guest
Why when I try to use some software it tells me that Oculus App needs updating and yet I cant update it

- Trying to use Melody VR.

Any help much appreciated.
14 REPLIES 14

Pickleschlitz
Expert Protege
Go to your menu for your library and look on the left for Updates. That should allow you to update your apps.

notso
Protege
Nope, I have the same issue, it is not the APPS that need updated, it clearly says OCULUS needs updated...(also I did check, library/updates is empty and says all apps are up to date...Plex and Netflix give same error as well)
I have removed and reinstalled, disabled reenabled facebook apps etc...I can not get this thing to update...
(oculus GO)

cybereality
Grand Champion
Can you share your Oculus version? You can find this in the Settings -> More Settings -> About (on the left nav). Then take a screenshot (Sharing -> Screenshot) and upload it here.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

notso
Protege
No because the stupid capture and share always defaults to some other screen then captures the screen shot before I can get back to settings.
Version 3.33.0.83810384
Runtime 2.8.25.83531691
OS version user-1628

cybereality
Grand Champion
Are these retail Go units you purchased or early developer versions you have have gotten from Oculus? I ask because some of the non-retail units may have odd issues and we will need to get you the update manually.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

notso
Protege
This is a dev unit I just received Tuesday.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Please submit a support ticket and mention it's a dev unit that needs updating. Thanks. https://support.oculus.com/

NotMattShaw
Sightseer
I am having the same issue, but it's with a consumer unit, not a dev unit. Looks like I'm on the same software and runtime version as the OP. Is there a fix for consumer units, or should I log a ticket?

cybereality
Grand Champion
Yes, please submit a ticket. We'll have to look into this.