cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Oculus GO Movie Experiences

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Oculus GO has been out over a month now and since owning it from day one I have watched a ton of 2D and 3D movies on it (usually after winding down for the day and in bed). I am certain I am not alone but would be interested to know what movies other people have watched in GO that they would recommend to others and why.

1. Guardians of the Galaxy 2 3D. - 3D is really good in this and better than most 3D attempts.
2. Ghost in the Shell 3D - Sci-fi city sweeping shots are always nice in 3D, plus Scarlet is always pleasant to look at.
3. Blade Runner 2089 3D - overall cool movie and the intensity is more in 3D in the GO.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
7 REPLIES 7

chubsta
Honored Guest
does the low resolution not put you off? I fancy getting a GO purely for movies but am wary because of the image quality

Osoroshii
Explorer
I find that the image quality for movies is just good enough to fit the need. 

LZoltowski
Champion
Titanic 3D ... great movie and the conversion was pretty decent!
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Failrunner
Heroic Explorer
It's funny that even with the sde the image quality looks way better than my 4k hdr tv. That's what I get for cheaping out when buying my tv. Lol. If I didn't have a couple consoles I would sell my tv and just ues the Go. 

cybereality
Grand Champion
I actually liked the Assassin's Creed movie. I mean, it was definitely a bad movie, but for fans of the game it may still be cool. I also liked Gamer (I saw this in the theater, only skipped around on Go).
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

desiv
Expert Protege
How are the shared movie experiences?  Anyone tried that?
I think there are 2 ways (that I can see) to do that.
1:  Big Screen, although I don't have a PC/Laptop powerful enough to run the BigScreen host app, so not for me.
2:  Possibly buy a movie thru Oculus and watch it in Oculus rooms...
I am considering trying this, but the movies are a bit spendy, especially for something that I won't end up actually owning.
But it does look like I can buy a movie in there and when other people are invited to my Oculus Room, they can also watch it??  (Haven't tried it, so not sure).

It would be nice to be able to invite someone to watch Netflix (even if they have to have their own account), but it's not an option.  Hopefully they will add that.

Anything I am missing?
I was having issues getting the Plex client to connect to my local Plex server, so using Pigasus which doesn't support multiple people.  But I didn't get the feeling that the Plex client supported multiple people watching a movie??

Thoughts?

Thanx

chucknorus
Honored Guest
i think there was a sharing option for whatever account i had tied to facebook probably oculus account.  might have been PLEX, which come with a free trial period, but i need to remember to cancel before payments start lol