Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got my Oculus Go - First Impressions

desiv
Expert Protege
My turn.  Just got mine last night.
First impressions are positive.. 😉
I loaded the app last week..  😉
Paired right away.  Controller paired great.  Works great.
This thing is great fun and meeting all of my expectations.
I haven't done too much with it yet.
I tried Netflix, that is great.  I think that will work nicely..
Checked out the browser.  Seemed to work well.  Some of the youtube videos started playing really lores for some seconds before the hires kicked in, but once it did, it seemed great....
Loaded the Jurassic Park demo (not the Blue one).  The Apatosaurus one.  That is impressive...
Loaded Dead and Buried.  Really enjoy that..  Its a lot of fun so far...

My eyes did get a bit sore last night, but it didn't surprise me reading about some others first time experience.  I expect that the diminish over time..

I haven't used any of the "higher end" VR solutions and I don't have a 4k TV, so I wasn't worried about a "lesser" experience.  😉
I am looking forward to more VR in the future, but I don't see a Rift or Vive in that.
I no longer have a PC, much less a gaming PC.  My laptop is old and I really don't plan on getting another one.  Tablets and phone are doing what I need.
No matter how impressive, personally I can't justify $800 or more for VR for me...

So maybe something like the SantaCruz or something later, but for now, this is perfect.  In 2+ years, this with 6dof and dual 6dof controllers for $200,  I'll upgrade.. 😉

Of course, I brought it to work to show off, so everyone except me will be using it today.. 😉

desiv
3 REPLIES 3

LZoltowski
Champion
Awesome thanks for sharing your experience 🙂
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

burning_airline
Expert Protege

desiv said:

Of course, I brought it to work to show off, so everyone except me will be using it today.. 😉

desiv

I won't let anyone but me use my VR headset because of a SIGGRAPH in the 90s where everyone got lice.

desiv
Expert Protege
Understood, although when I say everyone, I actually mean my staff...  I'll take that risk.  😉