cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change screen orientation in Netflix or Hulu on Oculus Go?

BloodyBastard69
Protege
So I downloaded Netflix and Hulu and want to watch movies while laying down in bed. But for some reason I can't get the screen to center while I'm looking straight up.
Is there a trick to do that? I've tried pushing the Oculus button to recenter but it doesn't work.

9 REPLIES 9

cybereality
Grand Champion
For Netflix, that should work only in the Void theater (same for Oculus Video).
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

BudaBaba
Honored Guest
i am having the same issue, its annoying not able to watch netflix flying down!!

jmillersz
Explorer
fix this please....

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
In Netflix, you have to use the Void Theater to watch it lying down.

You can see it on the upper left part of the Fireplace in the Netflix living room.

Although you can't see your cursor until it is hovering over the "Void Theater" icon. That's kind of annoying.

cybereality
Grand Champion
It should work like that already. Switch to the Void theater and then move the screen. I can get you the exact steps later tonight.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

cybereality
Grand Champion
So, in Netflix, pick a video then pause it. With the controller, point to the upper left and click the icon Void Theater. In the Void Theater, click the Move icon on the top right. Now lay down or move into the position you want to be in, then click once anywhere.

BloodyBastard69
Protege
Thanks. Worked for me.

kojita46
Honored Guest
It works with Netflix and Oculus Video, but not Hulu. Does anyone know how to do it on Hulu?

Anonymous
Not applicable
 I’m not entirely sure about Hulu but with games and apps that don’t have a reposition button, I hit the Oculus button on the bottom of the controller to go to the (do you want to quit screen), position myself where I want , and press it again to re-orient. I’m not sure if it will work in this situation but it’s worth a shot.