cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mirror Oculus Go on PC/Mac

robinoculusnl
Protege
Is it possible to mirror my Oculus go to my Mac?
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

FieldOfVision
Heroic Explorer
I'm sure someone will have some time to look into streaming just one side of the screen as to avoid the binocular effect...

Latest VR game: Crazy Kung Fu
Other games: www.FieldOf.Vision

View solution in original post

Get_Revved
Explorer
I managed to do this wirelessly using scrcpy via ADB, then used OBS to display without the binocular effect, then streamed to my TV using Chromecast. I used this guide.

View solution in original post

34 REPLIES 34

digital00101
Honored Guest
You can live stream through Facebook to yourself, haven't tried it but they say there is a 10 sec delay.

robinoculusnl
Protege
@digital00101 Only issue is the red dot in the screen while playing games...

FieldOfVision
Heroic Explorer
When I read your question I was curious myself, so I just tried mirroring the screen through ADB and it works. I tried it with Vysor, it streams in binocular but at least it's a stream. Worth checking out other methods using ADB seeing that it works.

Latest VR game: Crazy Kung Fu
Other games: www.FieldOf.Vision

Anonymous
Not applicable
What is ADB?

Vinoh
Adventurer
Oh cool! I can mirror my Mac to my 3D TV via Apple TV and view the stream in 3D. I'll buy Visor for a year to get the advanced features and see where I can take this. Thanks, FieldofVision!

Vinoh
Adventurer
I bought the subscription and like it even better. The resolution on my Mac and stream to the 3D TV are really great; much sharper than the headset. Two problems though that I reported to the developer:
1. The Go will not stay connected wirelessly. As soon as I unplug the cable it disconnects.
2. The aspect ratio of the side by side image is incorrect for a 3D TV. Each image needs to be shrunk in half horizontally so that they are correct when expanded and overlaid on the full screen.
Aside from that, it works great. Even provides copy and paste functionality.

Cellien
Explorer
I'd actually like to know if you can stream a Rift game to the Go.  I play Fallout 4 VR and would like to stream the game to a Go for another onlooker so they can experience it while I play on my Rift.

robinoculusnl
Protege
@FieldOfVision Thnx for the answer, only issue is that I can't find out how to connect my Oculus Go to Vysor...

Get_Revved
Explorer
Being able to mirror to the Oculus phone app would be very handy too, even if just for helping people navigate with the headset on.