cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Go Suggestions Thread / New UserVoice channel for feedback

fungusman
Protege
Moderator Update from @OculusSupport

Hey everyone - Just wanted to jump in here real quick and make a plug for the Oculus UserVoice channel. We recently added an Oculus Go section to the site to better collect and organize all the great feedback that is coming in. If you have an idea or feature request for Oculus Go, leaving it on our UserVoice page is a great way to make your voice heard. Just be sure to take a quick look to see if the idea has been previously submitted! Duplicate ideas result in split votes and make it harder for us to track what the true most requested features are. Thanks in advance and keep the awesome feedback coming!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are some suggestions for the devs if they need ideas for future software features:
-Download manager
I sometimes will have 4-5 things downloading at once but then change my mind after a few minutes and would like to pause the download, see whats been completed, or cancel all at once. Maybe look at STEAM for inspiration on how to do this.

-REMOVE POP UPS
or have a setting to change them. I was mid game of something and I died in game because the popup was covering the targets I was supposed to be hitting. Also I was watching startrek on netflix and a "download complete"  pop up would be stuck on the screen for what seemed like an eternity. Maybe voice to speach "Download Complete" or SOMETHING to remedy this annoying nag screen.

-Dashboard clock
IT would be nice to have a clock somewhere to bring up. If I'm cooking food or something and need to check if ten minutes have gone by or WHATEVER it would be cool to be able to see what time it is. Or to even keep track of the passage of time so I don't spend all fricking night on damn thing lol. BONUS REQUEST: A stop watch or timer. I say this becuase this is a pick up and play device, and if I'm doing laundry or something it would be cool to have something like this. SURE I could use my phone, but if I have my headphones in or something I won't notice, nor do I want to take the headset off to futz around with this.
-Quick Screen Off button
If I'm downloading a ton of stuff, I want to put the headset down. There should be a way to turn the display off but allow background downloading. I'm not sure if it is already doing this, because there is no download manager to keep track of whats going on. A "turn off rift after downloading and installing" mode (like PS3 does) would be cool too.

232 REPLIES 232

ssilwadi
Explorer
Please add support for micro USB drive to have more space for videos

declantm
Protege
I would like to be able to save a copy of a photo from my smartphone to the Oculus Go when I'm viewing them

CarlosSanchez1
Honored Guest
Early wish list for Oculus Go!

Being able to use the USB port to plug in a mini USB disk (for more disk space) - I heard this is actually coming later on, so big thumbs up!

Occulus add on for extra battery life (lightweight) delivered via the USB port

Having a "Find my Oculus" in the online account or phone app in case it is stolen
- maybe tie the internal serial number to your account, so no matter where the Go or Rift is, once it finds wifi / internet access it reports back the location if you request it. No need to "lock it down with a password", as that would be counter-productive (ie. it wouldn't get used, they would never try to use it, try to find wifi access nor re-charge it)
- a remote "lock my device" with a password, in case you don't want anyone logging into the browser / facebook you left open back  at home
*both options accessible from the web page through your account

Being able to use the Touch and Gamepad controllers
-I know the sensors and the Oculus Touch controllers can't see the Go, as it is a stand alone product... but... maybe... you could have the Oculus App in your PC process the data from the Oculus Touch movements / buttons and / or game pad and just transfer that processed information to the Oculus Go headset via wifi (instead of to the Rift through the HDMI cable). Just an idea... I don't see why it wouldn't work at least for the game pad, as it has no tracking data relative to the position you are looking at.

Two Bluetooth chips in the Oculus Go (to be able to pair two controllers, one for each hand). I guess it could be done now pairing one via wifi and the other via Bluetooth.

A small internal fan to circulate cool air from the outside into the face

Small camera to view through the Oculus Go (or Rift) to pick up things. Turn the camera On/Off on /w a physical button.

An actual Turn On / Turn Off button that works for the Oculus Go (ie. not a Sleep now, turn 13059813058 times during the night because a mosquito flew by the sensor)

View your Phone inside the Oculus Go just like another regular browser window (there is a lot of real state space in there to put multiple open windows / apps at the same time in the dash). That way you can see how texts / email / calls you, and you can answer it (either by using a virtual keyboard with the controller, or speaking if it is a call (it has a Mic & speakers, so it shouldn't be that hard to treat the whole Oculus Go as a giant Bluetooth earplug)

Seriously, just having the new Oculus Go makes me want to have an upgraded Rift. Let us buy an upgraded rift with all the new lenses / visuals and wifi

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know this is retro but I would like it to support a wired Ethernet dongle. Just saying, I have my reasons.

tucker_richards
Explorer
Would really like bluetooth keyboard support and the "Dash" features. 

MetaRick0001
Protege
Disabling the Enter VR screen. This is a huge killer for a lot of developers that are doing activations/events. A user should be able to carry on seeing what was on device without having to press controller (or volume on dev mode)

inovator
Consultant
There are multiple possible battery options where you can get up to 14 hours extra life on the go. 

desiv
Expert Protege
The more apps I load on this guy, the more I would appreciate better local app management.
At least, I'd like to be able to remove apps I have added so they don't clog up my "Not Installed" if I don't want them.  There have been a few things I have tried that I know I won't ever reload, so I'd like to just totally remove them.
Beyond that, some type of folders in "Not installed" so I could group them.  Then I could create a "Don't want" folder for that I know I won't want, but I could also create some other folders so maybe I could group them by style or quality???
I can see, if I get to a point where I have pages and pages of possible apps, that it might get difficult.  😉

StayPuft83
Protege
Unfortunately with how long this thread has already become I wasn't able to read the whole thing. So, I will bet this has probably been mentioned, but I didn't see it in what I scanned.

However, two very simple requests I have:

1) The ability to easily review how much space is left. The more apps I download the more I worry I'm going to reach my size limit, but at least as far as I have found so far there is no way to see how much space I have used/have left. Haven't found it in the phone app or within the Oculus Go itself.

2) The phone app should have a way to save apps/games/etc. that you don't want to download or purchase NOW but want to remember for later. You can do this in some screens within the Go itself. You find an app you like but you don't want to download it YET because you aren't going to use it yet. But you do want to remember it for later. Just click that little flag in the corner and it is added to your "saved" apps. However, when looking at apps on the Oculus app on the phone there does not seem to be any way to do this.

desiv
Expert Protege

1) The ability to easily review how much space is left. The more apps I download the more I worry I'm going to reach my size limit, but at least as far as I have found so far there is no way to see how much space I have used/have left. Haven't found it in the phone app or within the Oculus Go itself.
Agree with your choices.
Short term, there are 2 ways to see space left.
One if to hook it to your PC via USB (and then you have to put the Go on and select to accept).
The other is to install the Jurassic Park Apatosaurus demo.
You don't have to download the data for the demo.  Just download the app and launch it and it will tell you how much space you have left.
I leave that app on my phone (without downloading the extra 500+megabytes to actually run the demo; although it is a good demo if you want to) and launch it from time to time to check my free space. 😉