cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Go casting

snoopdilla
Explorer
Trying to cast to my iphone x. 
I click the cast button on the headset. Click start on headset. It pops up a oculus message on my phone. It says Casting: Start casting which I click on my phone. 
Now it goes to a screen on my phone saying Requesting....Please accept the casting request in my headset. BUT there is no request in my headset. And that all it does. 
Any help is appreciated
20 REPLIES 20

snoopdilla
Explorer
It then times out and say headset not found. But my phone and headset are both in the same wifi. 

pelle999
Honored Guest
Try restarting your phone and then open the Oculus app manually before you select start casting on the GO. 

h.r.gargi
Heroic Explorer
Got this on my iPhone too. Tried it next day and it worked again without doing anything about it. 
Meta Facebook Community Accelerator 2022 winner
Facebook Community Partner
Founder of the Meta Quest VR Familie - The largest German Facebook Group for VR and Metaverse
https://www.facebook.com/groups/oculusvrgermany/

david_lawrance
Honored Guest
Mine wasn't working. I deleted the Oculus app, redownloaded it, and now casting works.

snoopdilla
Explorer
Ok, I tried deleting and redownloading the oculus app on my phone. No change. 😞 Also tried restarting the phone, and going into the app before attempting to cast. No change. 😞 
Why does it even ask to accept cast request? Does anyone see the cast request in the headset? 
There should be an option in the app as well as to attempt to cast with a connected headset. 
Any other ideas guys? Thanks for your help. Casting with help me guide my kids through using the headset. 

KEEFtheRED
Honored Guest
I have the same issue using a Samsung S4

KMBKLB
Sightseer
I can usually get it to start casting to my iphone without any issues but the problem is that if I leave the app and come back to it I can't go back to streaming... there's some mention of clicking an icon in the iphone Oculus app but I can't find any streaming icon in the application.   Once that happens the only way I've found to get it back is restarting the Go and then restarting the streaming. 

KEEFtheRED
Honored Guest
Ok I got casting working on the S4, however it freezes after a few seconds and then goes off. I tried casting to my Samsung TV also but this is not picked up on the connections, however it can see my son's LG.

Dragnmasta71
Honored Guest
I have an iPhone XR, so I did a restart on my phone, reopened the oculus app turned on headset and went to casting. I was able to then cast thru my phone. Another added features for Apple junkies, if you have an apple TV is set your phone for screen mirroring first then open oculus app, then turn on headset to turn on casting. Your experience would then be on a larger screen. (*info to help those who are trying to cast on larger screen). Hope this helps.