cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus go keeps starting tutorial?

Congratulations
Adventurer
Everytime I turn off my go and come back to it later it keeps going through tutorial is this normal?
10 REPLIES 10

chettawan
Expert Protege
I got this too. But only one time tutorial. Afyer that it always show safety notice everytime I turn it on.

cybereality
Grand Champion
No, that's not normal. Can you try connecting with your phone? On the app, click settings, then click on your Go model number to connect.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
When you go through the tutorial make sure you actually watch the health and safety video.  This should complete the tutorial process and you should not see this again during startup,
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Congratulations
Adventurer
Started this morning, and it’s working.

ubc_oculus1
Honored Guest
I have 5 units of the Oculus Go (32gb edition) and this happens almost daily to all units (note: they're all marked as in Developer Mode). All the non-store content is gone (my app was side loaded and was listed in the Unkown Sources). If I pair the unit with the mobile phone app sometimes the tutorial crashes (and everything goes back to normal). Sometimes I have to go all the way through the tutorial and after that my app is still gone. If I go out of the home app (by loading anything else) and going back, my app is once again listed in the Unkown Sources. When that happens, sometimes the Library/Environment option disappears. Everything seems so unstable in the product!

bartleywillson7
Honored Guest
I agree with UBC. For us, it’s been a totally unusable experience. We’re fed up with the video help files. It will not go past the help screens and we’ve watched every video help file more than twenty times!!! We can never get to a single home page to either view the apps that we bought or see any of the free apps to launch.  My headset is fully charged but it won’t get past one display screen that says it’s connected to WiFi, indicates the headset is still updating and to follow the steps on my iPhone.  Okay, I can get maybe 30 minutes or so. But 7 hours to update? Seriously? The Go App only gives us access to the store, a lot of Facebook users, help files and settings.  Not one of these icons says Oculus Go apps.  Who develops software like this?  Zero thought went into the usability of this Go app. We have 19 years of developing 360 virtual reality software.The Oculus Go in our professional opinion is a Total waste of time and money. This goes back to Amazon tomorrow. — Grrrrrrrrrrr. 

techstil
Honored Guest
The tutorials are really disturbing if you want to do VR-demos for people. We don't even use the controller in the SceneThere-app (we work with gaze, it's way simpler for lightweight interaction than having to fiddle a controller), so it's extra disturbing that it always wants to re-calibrate the handset. And now since the update it keeps asking me to re-calibrate over and over again on every startup. I KNOW how the controller works by now... let me get on with it...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Same problem here. This started to misbehave after changing the battery in the pointer/controller. So now it will always run the controller calibration routine at every boot-up. I also get the "OOPS" screen when I try to run any of the apps that I have loaded from the App Store. Cannot even connect to the App Store but WIFI is connected and Google Browser works fine. And last but not least, my environments tab has disappeared. Gone... nowhere to be found. Oculus, have we just tripped and stumbled or did we just fall flat on our face? Please fix this. Or a least, give us the procedure to fix this.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Controller re-calibration on every startup. SOLVED. When we first set up the GO, we had to do it through a smart phone. It seems my smart phone lost (or forgot) my log in to Facebook. After I reconnected my smart phone to my Facebook account and reacquired the GO to my smart phone, all of the issues listed in the post above were resolved automatically (magically one might say). Note: I did not re"Pair" my GO to my phone. As soon as I activated my Oculus App in the phone is stated that it could not find the GO. Turned on the GO and everything started working normally. I did have to go through the the controller calibration one more time, but it has been working ever since. I hope this helps.