cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turning off Head and Directional Tracking

sukhjeets
Explorer
Hi - is there was way to turn this off? I have been using the Go to watch Netflix movies while I commute to work in the bus. Every time the bus changes direction, the screen shifts. Long pressing the Oculus button does nothing, so I have to press it, and select "Resume" when the option to quit or resume comes up. Results in quite a few interruptions and reloads of the movie.
8 REPLIES 8

burning_airline
Expert Protege
Netflix has a travel mode in the void theater.  Click the void theater button at the top left of the screen, then click the steering wheel above the screen.

YoLolo69
Trustee
MMM, they thought of lot of user cases, good. When I'll grab it I hope they will have also a mode for me (space travel and warp speed)...

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

sukhjeets
Explorer

Netflix has a travel mode in the void theater.  Click the void theater button at the top left of the screen, then click the steering wheel above the screen.

Thanks, @"burning.airlines"! That worked well.  Now I know the "Void Theater" is not just for show! There was some drift, but I was able to use the last button in "Void Theater" to move the screen back to center. But I certainly did not need to reload the movie, which was awesome. Mostly uninterrupted movie viewing.

The Netflix support team was not able to answer this question, and raised this to their Dev team as a defect. They didnt know much about Go at all, kept calling it the Oculus Gear.  So I guess they have to ramp up their support for the Go. 

BTW - do you know how to use the resize screen button in Void Theater? It asked me to drag, but I wasnt able to figure out what to drag to resize the screen, though I tried all the buttons.

LZoltowski
Champion

sukhjeets said:

Thanks, @"burning.airlines"! That worked well.  Now I know the "Void Theater" is not just for show! There was some drift, but I was able to use the last button in "Void Theater" to move the screen back to center. But I certainly did not need to reload the movie, which was awesome. Mostly uninterrupted movie viewing.

The Netflix support team was not able to answer this question, and raised this to their Dev team as a defect. They didnt know much about Go at all, kept calling it the Oculus Gear.  So I guess they have to ramp up their support for the Go. 

BTW - do you know how to use the resize screen button in Void Theater? It asked me to drag, but I wasnt able to figure out what to drag to resize the screen, though I tried all the buttons.

You have to swipe, I cant remember now up or down, on the trackpad.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

burning_airline
Expert Protege
Yeah, try moving your thumb up and down on the thumbpad.  It isn't obvious but it works.

rsilvers
Explorer
As for drift, there is another mode where it just locks to the center of the display. That has no drift.

sukhjeets
Explorer
Thanks @LZoltowski & @"burning.airlines" - That worked. 

sukhjeets
Explorer

rsilvers said:

As for drift, there is another mode where it just locks to the center of the display. That has no drift.

What mode is that. I am using the Travel mode and have to keep moving the screen back to the center many times during a 40 min bus ride. The 4 buttons with Void do not show any other mode.