cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What would your thoughts be if old lightgun games got ported?

Failrunner
Heroic Explorer
I wish I could get things like the house of the dead games, Time crisis games, or even a lethal enforcers collection. I can't really play all those lightgun games on my 4k tv with the exception of Wii/Wii U and PS3 ports but it would be great in vr. The remote is way more accurate than the Wiimote or PS Move too so I think it would be perfect. What do you think?
8 REPLIES 8

bigmike20vt
Visionary
Have you tried arcade retro neon? That has a light gun game in it and I think you can add other lightgun games so long as supported by mame. (Not tried it myself it is another in the loooong list I bought to support the Devs ages ago as i love the idea of it but have never got around to trying. 

There is also operation warcade which may float your boat.

That said sure an official house of the dead collection or an official time crisis collection I would consider buying.
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

Failrunner
Heroic Explorer

Have you tried arcade retro neon? That has a lighting game in it and I think you can add other lightgun games so long as supported by mame. (Not tried it myself it is another in the loooong list I bought to support the Devs ages ago as i love the idea of it but have never got around to trying. 

I tried it on the Gear VR once but it required a controller when I did. Maybe they updated it since. I'll try it. Edit: Okay I thought you meant Oculus arcade. There's no arcade retro neon on the Go.

bigmike20vt
Visionary
Balls sorry dude I didn't notice you are positing in the oculus go forum.... The way I view the posts it does not separate into the different headsets. I have no idea what is out for mobile vr soz. That said...... Emulation on the go should be very doable so long as oculus don't lock the hmd down too much
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

Failrunner
Heroic Explorer

Balls sorry dude I didn't notice you are positing in the oculus go forum.... The way I view the posts it does not separate into the different headsets. I have no idea what is out for mobile vr soz. That said...... Emulation on the go should be very doable so long as oculus don't lock the hmd down too much

Yeah they hide the forums for each device. You have to track the url down an bookmark it. Lol.

falken76
Expert Consultant

I wish I could get things like the house of the dead games, Time crisis games, or even a lethal enforcers collection. I can't really play all those lightgun games on my 4k tv with the exception of Wii/Wii U and PS3 ports but it would be great in vr. The remote is way more accurate than the Wiimote or PS Move too so I think it would be perfect. What do you think?

I bought one on Steam called Operation Warcade I think.  It is pretty much a copy of Operation Wolf with really nice features like shooting a vehicle then it warps you into the car and now you're driving and shooting from the perspective of the drivers seat.  You'll be in that view for 30 to 60 seconds, and it will then return you to being in front of the arcade machine. 

Failrunner
Heroic Explorer

falken76 said:

I bought one on Steam called Operation Warcade I think.  It is pretty much a copy of Operation Wolf with really nice features like shooting a vehicle then it warps you into the car and now you're driving and shooting from the perspective of the drivers seat.  You'll be in that view for 30 to 60 seconds, and it will then return you to being in front of the arcade machine. 

Yeah this is for the Oculus Go. Thanks though.

Pixelfox
Expert Protege

Failrunner
Heroic Explorer

Pixelfox said:

I wish Nintendo would port this game. I didn't even mention it because Nintendo.
 =(