cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 or 3 point lights on medium ? Is it possible ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone! I'm new to oculus/medium, just started this week. Probably someone had the same question but I couldn't find the thread anywhere. I'm creating this little scene; is it possible to have more lights on the scene or have emissive influence?

I just have the directional/sun, I wanted to create a three-point lighting setup for example;

Anyway, THANKS oculus/medium staff for this INCREDIBLE tool! I'm really glad and excited to be part of this new approach to art.

7 REPLIES 7

LZoltowski
Champion
Only 1 light at the moment, however, if you set up your camera to be in a static place, rather than bound to your hand, you can do several lighting passes and merge in photoshop with layers.

Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Here's a thread describing the method of multi-pass lighting that some of us have been using.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

LZoltowski
Champion

nalex66 said:

Here's a thread describing the method of multi-pass lighting that some of us have been using.

That's the one! I couldn't find it, thanks @nalex66

Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ohhh I see it, thanks LZoltowski and nalex66!! That's the same workflow I use inside ZBrush for multi-pass render. I was looking for something real-time.

I will probably sculpt it and export to marmoset viewer, probably the best option so far. 

I just need to read the PDF guide "exporting" from medium, it will definitely help me with this.

Anonymous
Not applicable
@LZoltowski @nalex66 may I ask you guys one more thing, quickly. My scene has 2 characters and 1 environment for example, can I build each character on a separate file then MERGE/IMPORT it without losing details/colors for posing? 

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
 You can export as fbx with vertex colours then reimport these to your scene as ref meshes. The colours will be preserved but you'll lose the material settings. Convert to clay will let you reapply those

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks @P3nT4gR4m ! I thought about losing my layers and having everything merged will be a little problem but layers material won't be a problem at all. I'm was worried with mesh details and colors. I'll try these later! Thankssss a lot!