cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Couple questions about medium tutorial

cybernettr
Superstar
 After running through the tree tutorial I thought I would do it again on my own to reinforce what I learned.  The roadblock I ran into was using the inflate tool to "fatten up" the trunk of the tree. When I tried it, it made the trunk skinnier rather than fatter.  

I had the tool at the weakest pressure. When I adjusted the pressure in the other direction, it went from bad to worse.  I tried running the tutorial again, and even when it gave me the tool same thing happened. 

The other question is the cat tutorial. It said to do it along the mirroring guidelines or axis. But I didn't see any axis for myself, just for the instructor, and I couldn't use those that.  Help/advice appreciated. 
5 REPLIES 5

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Can't speak for the cat one (I gave up after the tree) but on the tree one the resolution is way too low to use inflate/deflate, especially on skinny little pointy things like branches. Inflate tool is evil and hates you until you've got some mass for it to sink it's teeth into.

DonARViox
Honored Guest
Cant find the mirror axis too in the tutorial. Where do i activate it?

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
@@DonARViox  Pull down on control hand stick and symmetry is the big round one at the bottom, on the right. You can edit move the plane about by going into camera settings 

nalex66
MVP
MVP
In the tutorial, it should be there automatically (not all controls are enabled, so I don't think you can turn it on yourself while in tutorial mode). It may be hidden by the big white sphere that you start with by default. Try erasing that before starting the tutorial.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

cybernettr
Superstar
 I was finally able to make it appear in the tutorial the next day… I'm not sure how… Maybe restarting the app is what did it…