cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you use the Medium sharing site to share your work?

MattHickman
Rising Star
As we continue to work on Medium and grow the application we're also continuing to work on the sharing site. The community that's formed around Medium both here and on Reddit has been incredible and seeing all your artwork, energy, 3D prints and stories really keeps us fired up. We've seen your posts and requests about the app, and we're working on all sorts of stuff as we speak, but we haven't seen a lot of talk about the sharing site itself. So we wanted to make a casual poll here to see 1) how many of you are actively using the site and 2) what would you like to see from it in the future or if you're not using it, why not? Feel free to comment below and discuss!

Thanks everyone for your ongoing support, we have some really exciting things to share throughout the year! 
21 REPLIES 21

MattHickman
Rising Star
Thanks for the replies everyone we really appreciate all the feedback, we're certainly working on most of the concerns and reasons y'all brought up, heartening it seem we're on the right path. 

P3nt to your question there are a few hundred assets being shared every week from a few thousand folks using medium a week. So yeah, you are all the first, leading the way.

cybernettr
Superstar
I haven't been able to figure out how it works. Has someone posted an instructional video online? After all, there's no official manual available for Medium yet. 

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
@MattHickman Just a thought - given your parent company is pwnt by facebook, couldn't you borrow one of their javascript monkeys for a couple of days? I get that the Medium team are predominantly game-engine coders with skillsets relating more to that side of things than blasting out new ways to share crap with a community of peers which is the facebook hacker's bread and butter. Maybe free up the Medium team to get back to giving me splines and gridsnap and PBR's and all that good stuff. 

MattHickman
Rising Star

P3nT4gR4m said:

given your parent company is pwnt by facebook, couldn't you borrow one of their javascript monkeys for a couple of days?

I'll talk to Mark, see what we can do 🙂

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Might not be the best day to bother him. Heard he'd just lost half a billion  😮

Roaster
Rising Star

i7-5820K @ 4.2Ghz, water cooled, Asus X99-Pro USB 3.1, 48 Gb DDR4 2400, Samsung 950 pro M.2 SSD, GTX 980 Ti SC, 750w psu

Monstaah
Heroic Explorer
So, just where exactly is this sharing site?.. i'm honestly just confused by this =/
PC Specs:

Black Box, with wires & some kind of electronicy stuff inside..
oooh it even has lights!! 😃

monstersandmachines
Heroic Explorer
I like the idea of sharing models for collaboration but I'd much rather see sharing via Instagram, Twitter and sketchfab integrated into the share option.

Monstaah
Heroic Explorer
Ahhhh, thanks Deadly Joe.. seems a bit confudled really, i kinda thought there'd be homepage that was sort of a display for everyone. but all good..
PC Specs:

Black Box, with wires & some kind of electronicy stuff inside..
oooh it even has lights!! 😃