Anonymous
Not applicable
26 REPLIES 26

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Gotta love those Ramones!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Love the Rick and Morty one! Looking forward to see more of your scuplts!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks guys,
Medium is an absolute awesome piece and i will keep on Sculpting :smiley:
I just made my first VR Recording on quickly painting an eyeball. Hope its unstandable and helping out some people starting with medium.
ydm69ve0pyen.png
https://www.oculus.com/medium/recordings/199609960561073/

InkyTheOctopus
Heroic Explorer
Nice sculpts! , Rick & Morty is my fave :smiley:
https://www.oculus.com/medium/artists/inkytheoctopus/

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant

Thanks guys,
Medium is an absolute awesome piece and i will keep on Sculpting :smiley:
I just made my first VR Recording on quickly painting an eyeball. Hope its unstandable and helping out some people starting with medium.
ydm69ve0pyen.png
https://www.oculus.com/medium/recordings/199609960561073/

Tasty paintjob, Love your approach to the veins, I'm stealing that! If you're not in on it already, there's a trick some ninja* showed me on here where you scoop out the iris with clay sphere on subtract and then switch to add and do the pupil as a little half ball sitting in the middle of the hollow. It's, totally wrong, anatomically but it catches the specular and does light and shadows for you that really makes the whole thing pop.

*sorry Ninja, I can't remember who the hell it was, just the - being presented with awesome - part.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah, i know that ninja Trick, its a really great one. You can also push it a bit by sculpting a bit on the iris sphere, i think it gives a nice result.

8tk7m3bzfsdi.pngkk8j216el02x.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Time to update the Skechbook so here some pics from the Medium Weekly Challenge Worm Wednesday

ml451ciiw7t6.png

Tree Tuesday

th9q18efomwl.png59s9bmf7sdes.png

and Mech Monday

l01s5697uiip.png8zfm0lg97sg3.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
I really like the mech sculpt but I have a few pointers! 🙂 Hope you don't mind, thought it might help.

On the material turn up the 'specular' and turn down the 'roughness' and it will look a lot more like metal. Also try playing around with interesting lighting angles, so for your red light I'd put that with sunsets and then cast a big shadow over the people running away and it creates a 'rim light' setup.

Here is my quick example moving with specular set to 1.4 and roughness 0.3 and second is moving the light(plus tweaks in photoshop to contrast etc).
kvm51crw5ika.jpg
vy4nd1ot1z75.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable
@FrozenPea Thanks for the lightning tip it really gets better Forms out. I Know about the Layer Settings, but i thougt the mech will look way to new with these settings on i have a layer in the sculpt with Metalparts but also truned them far down. Cause im imagine the scene is very full of dust and the mech is not so shiny. I know there are tons of ways to tweak the pics after, but at the moment i rush through the challenge and getting stuff out quickly improving my sculpting and painting skills.