cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help: After af few sessions in Medium, the program refuses to launch?

Fistful_of_Colo
Adventurer
Just bought a powerful PC to get into Medium sculpting, and I had my first few test sessions yesterday.
 Now all of a sudden, Medium refuses to launch? It just hangs at the loading with the message "Sorry, Medium is taking a while to load - check the app".. In the Oculus App - Medium is displayed as running...
 Help! Anyone knows what the problem might be? I tried removing Oculus install completely and install it and Medium fresh. But the problem persists...
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
4 REPLIES 4

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant

Fistful_of_Colo
Adventurer
Thank you for the help Pentagram, but it doesnt resolve the issue. It seems to come and go :S

Anonymous
Not applicable
If it comes and goes there must be something turn on that is breaking it, maybe if you send your logs files to oculus support they can have a look at it?

Run "OculusLogGatherer.exe" by double-clicking the icon after navigating to this folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics
or:
C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics

Fistful_of_Colo
Adventurer
Thank you for your replies, I found a solution to the error. It turns out, that it did have something to do with the video ports - but not the thing described with two gfx cards. On my 1080 card - there is a display port + 2 hdmi ports.. If I plug the rift in the hdmi nr 1 it gives the error I described in OP. If I plug the rift in hdmi nr 2 (on the same card) - it works... I could scratch my head over that for an eternity, but well I guess it works now, so I'll go enjoy Medium instead 🙂