cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do I Export The 3D Video Recording?

Adamlempel
Honored Guest
Hi, I want to export the 3D video recording of my "performance" from Medium to use in Unity or another program. Is this possible? 

Just to clarify, not the .obj file, but the 3D video recording of me working in Medium? 

Thanks!
Adam
6 REPLIES 6

MattHickman
Rising Star
The VR recordings are a proprietary format and can't be used outside of Medium at the moment. 

quadrangular
Honored Guest
has this changed yet?

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
@quadrangular Aye! Video cap options are pretty sick but be careful with resolution. Gets a bit twitchy for me when there's a lot of detail or maybe its after too long a time. Both seem to go hand in hand with me

MattHickman
Rising Star

has this changed yet?

Being able to export VR recordings into another format won't ever change since it is specific to within Medium, there aren't any other apps that could do anything with the data.

Like Pent said, you can however place video recording windows in the scene and take a video of your recordings and use that outside the app.

quadrangular
Honored Guest
Thanks, 

The issue is when i record with the video recorder Medium becomes unstable (low memory). I am upgrading from 8gb to 64gb so we will see if i can record video. 

MattHickman
Rising Star

Thanks, 

The issue is when i record with the video recorder Medium becomes unstable (low memory). I am upgrading from 8gb to 64gb so we will see if i can record video. 

Ah! yeah the increased RAM should help a lot, on every front.