cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I bring one finished sculpt into another?

Anonymous
Not applicable
 Do I have to export it as a file, and then re-import it as a Mesh? 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

LZoltowski
Champion
Export sculpt to Documents\Medium\_Import\Reference Meshes as OBJ ... in the new project import it as a reference mesh on a new layer (set resolution you'd like the mesh to be imported at), position it as you like then green cog button and convert to clay  Thats the only way that I know of
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

LZoltowski
Champion
Export sculpt to Documents\Medium\_Import\Reference Meshes as OBJ ... in the new project import it as a reference mesh on a new layer (set resolution you'd like the mesh to be imported at), position it as you like then green cog button and convert to clay  Thats the only way that I know of
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Henri1970
Adventurer
ah yeah and vertexes

Anonymous
Not applicable
What did you mean by vertexes?

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Henri1970 what did you mean by vertexes?

jessicazeta
Heroic Explorer
@vrmalleous Perhaps @Henri1970 meant with vertex color?

In any case, the workflow for bringing one finished sculpt into another is changed a bit with 2.0. You can put a mesh anywhere on your PC and browse there using our asset browser in-VR. You can also import that mesh as clay - without bringing it in as a reference mesh and copying into clay - by clicking the Yellow button (Control Panel) > File > Add Mesh as Clay. You can choose at which resolution you'd like to bring the sculpt as well as if it can be split into multiple layers for more control. Importing meshes as reference or clay keeps their textures and vertex color data. 

More info here: https://www.oculus.com/medium/learn/