cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It lasted 15 months. The first city sculpture led by medium 2.0.

fangxin
Protege
It lasted 15 months. The first city sculpture led by medium 2.0 was built in China. 15 meters high,  marble.
Used 1:1 3D printing and manual sculpture. Prove that medium can be used as a productivity tool. Expect medium to be more perfect and powerful.
7u7m123v59j5.jpg
a1ylkdylk01c.jpg
wn773g56ye95.jpg
d3gu23ulq04t.pngfw7u3342chff.jpg
8 REPLIES 8

choy
Honored Guest
This is incredible!!! Thanks for sharing!!

choy
Honored Guest
Where is this located?

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Insane! That's so cool

CrashFu
Consultant
I expect this to show up as Home decoration in the near future, eh?   Super cool.
It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

kojack
MVP
MVP
I know there's companies like http://www.desamanera.com/en/3d-printing.aspx that can 3d print stone (they use quarry waste dust like marble and bond it using a chemical reaction. Others use photosensitive polymers). They can do big things and they say it has no height limit, but 15m sounds pretty big for one print. 🙂

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

fangxin
Protege

choy said:

Where is this located?

The sculpture is located in Xixian County, Xinyang City, Henan Province, China.

fangxin
Protege

CrashFu said:

I expect this to show up as Home decoration in the near future, eh?   Super cool.

I have been engaged in sculpture art, you are talking about the form of home decoration, I understand the use of medium to make sculptures, in fact, I am already doing this work, and I also apply medium to landscape design.

fangxin
Protege

kojack said:

I know there's companies like http://www.desamanera.com/en/3d-printing.aspx that can 3d print stone (they use quarry waste dust like marble and bond it using a chemical reaction. Others use photosensitive polymers). They can do big things and they say it has no height limit, but 15m sounds pretty big for one print. 🙂

Thanks for sharing!The sculpture testing phase used 1:1 polyfoam digital engraving, finally used 1:1 marble digital carving, and then made a manual combination and made a detail carving and finishing.