cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My first impression and a Feature Requests - Lazy brush and Pie Menus

Metrons
Expert Protege
I saw Medium by accident a few weeks ago on YouTube. Medium looked like the closest thing i could get to sculpting in actual clay again. I was sold, i'm getting an oculus! After playing in medium ( andbeing hooked instantly), the last 5 hours of my life flew bye. i'm SO impressed with medium, seriously impressed. I'm surprised how its actually far superior to what i thought it would be. 

Super intuitive and easy to work with. but, i often need to slow down my brush stroke. i think a 'lazy brush' equivalent where you could smooth and slow down your strokes would be huge. I use that feature in zbrush all the time. i think it could be very valuable and powerful in Medium.

Also, custom pie menus, maybe a feature where we can create our own little menus with "favorite custom brushes" would also be huge. I"m a long time Modo/Maya user and i've always wished pie menus were in my sculpting tools. 

Anyway, super exicited about Medium, i'm going to go sculpt now, i wanted to give some feedback since i'm definitely planning on using this in my work pipeline asap. Thanks so much oculus team!!!

7 REPLIES 7

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
I tend to compensate for the lack of lazy brush by zooming the sculpt right up and using big arm movements to get precision.

Medium responds well to a bit of physicality. Lazy brush has been mentioned a few times tho. I'm sure the devs will get there at some point. 

Martinity
Heroic Explorer
Yeah lazy brush would be nice. I'm more hooked on more line constraints though. Like draw horizontal or vertical lines, rulers, shapes etc. 

MattHickman
Rising Star
Thanks for sharing your story, so glad you found us 🙂 Please consider sharing your work, ask questions, check out the feature request thread and add as you think of stuff! (We do read it and have implemented a lot of the stuff in there).

Lazy brush is definitely a frequently requested feature we're looking into for a future update.

Metrons
Expert Protege
There is a feature request thread? my apologies. 

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
@Metrons don't sweat it. Lazy ass mods haven't stickied it so it's generally buried half way down page 3  😄
 Oh and, in case you missed it. As of last update we now have lazy brush!

MattHickman
Rising Star

P3nT4gR4m said:

@Metrons don't sweat it. Lazy ass mods haven't stickied it so it's generally buried half way down page 3  😄
 Oh and, in case you missed it. As of last update we now have lazy brush!

Our harshest critic, biggest fan 😛 

I tagged it as an announcement so should be easier to find now 🙂

Metrons
Expert Protege
LOVING the lazy brush btw, certain things are so freaking easy to do now. love it!