cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OCULUS MEDIUM CRASH .

lucasaguirre
Explorer
Oculus Medium suddenly crash and crash, i used it last week and it was ok. 
Now even after reinstalling it i get the white screen and Fatal Error. Medium has crashed.
Anyone else having this kind of issue? its very frustrating
14 REPLIES 14

Sivve
Explorer
Same problem here. Tried reinstalling graphic driver. Tried going off-line since this was an earluer problem.. something with open GL if I remeber correctly. Nothing works. I will try uninstalling. This is not the first time we get fatal error crashes on Medium.. I really love your app, but the disturbancies getting it to work is a problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm having the same issue and would love to get Medium 2.0 up and running. I'm getting the fatal crash error as well. Any ideas? Below are my specs.

HP Z420 Workstation, 1x Xeon E5-1620 3.6GHz Quad Core Processor, 16GB DDR3 Memory, 1x 500GB Hard Drive, NVIDIA Quadro NVS 295, DVD-RW, Windows 10 Professional Installed, SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480 100406NT+8GOCL 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card

Azrayel
Honored Guest
I just wanted to stop by this thread because I had been experiencing the crash issue. I'm running an unclocked i5 at 3.2 and I WAS running a 6gb Titan Black. I had an issue in Masterpeice VR that didn't allow me to use the Sculpt tool. We figured out that although my graphics card WAS powerful enough, it's wasn't meeting min spec due to a software issue. So I assumed that was the problem with Medium as well. Upgrading to 1070 fixed all issues. Not sure if that helps anyone here, but figured I would leave this post here just in case. 

jessicazeta
Heroic Explorer
Okay, some answers for you guys (if you've already made sure that you're on the most up to date GFX drivers - at this writing, NVIDIA 398.82 and AMD 18.51)

@lucasaguirre - I got your logs, can you try deleting your Preferences folder and trying to run again?

@Clark117 - The NVIDIA Quadro NVS 295 could be messing with your graphics. Maybe try without that and plugging the machine directly into your monitor? Please also remember that your Rift must be plugged in directly to your GPU. If this doesn't work, could you send through your logs?

@Sivve - Could you post your logs as well? C:\Users\{Username}\AppData\LocalLow\Oculus\Medium\log

Anonymous
Not applicable
Jessicazeta, 

My apologies, I copied and pasted the specs from my purchase. The NVIDIA Quadro should have been removed as I took it out and replaced it with the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480 I listed. 

I did get Medium 2.0 working. My whole setup was running incredibly slow. After some testing I found my hard drive was spun up 100% whenever operating. I replaced it with an SSD and it significantly improved my performance and Medium 2.0 doesn't crash on startup any longer. In short: My faulty hard drive couldn't keep up with Medium 2.0.