cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sculpting Hair

vr_human
Explorer
I´m working on this piece and ran into the problem of not knowing how to approach sculpting hair, Anyone some cool tips for me?
Currently the hair looks like snakes :disappointed:

jch8q74tmbli.jpg
13 REPLIES 13

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
You can do passable dreadlocks by jiggling your finger on the trigger with a flat, circular primitive stamp.

For hair I just tried using a custom stamp...
pzi62tjaihtx.jpg

There's a knack to it but it get results like this in a couple of subtract strokes
r7mlv28yr1lj.jpg

vr_human
Explorer
Cool Idea! If you find more let me know!

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Right, did a complete rethink on this. Back to what Brian was saying about photoshop and layers. How would I do hair in shoop? No-brainer. Something like this

dkpe4m2rmf6g.jpg

I did it pretty hires and it was jittery but I can smooth this out a lot. Same wacom-like control at the ends if you put trigger pressure on.

5a3qyr59x27m.jpg

KevinLongtime
Heroic Explorer
Awesome solution @P3nT4gR4m Thanks for sharing!

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Had another go at this tonight. Same stamp as last night, after after trying out a couple of tweaks that didn't quite work but taught me a few things that will. Spent about 45 mins on this and by the end I was laying down hair like a ninja but it took that long to get a feel for it. There's rules to hair. I'm in the middle of learning them. Can get this neater still

bwt3otljwyv3.jpg

KevinLongtime
Heroic Explorer
Just had a look at one of the Oculus Made sculpts inside of the "downloaded" section of the sculpt main menu on your right. They have a sculpt of this old guy with really greatly done hair! Check it out

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Whoa! I never even noticed that menu. Some awesome stuff in there. WTF is happening between that ballerina's legs tho? CANT UNSEE!!

KevinLongtime
Heroic Explorer
Haven't see that one yet, will have to investigate tomorrow after I get some sleep lol.

vr_human
Explorer
mbf88dfsvhdi.jpg

Will check out the old guy when i have access to a rift again. I created a single rectangle and used it to create the hair in this version. Really dig the premade stones. Used a bunch of them as glass fragments. All the premade stuff is so great.