cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion: Add a strength control to the smooth tool.

Johnny3D
Protege
Changing the size of the smooth tool is nice, but I would also like the ability to change the strength of the smoothing as well. Perhaps a "settings menu" slider to adjust the strength?
12 REPLIES 12

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant

bhsharp said:

@P3nT4gR4m  - found the alt tool modifier yet? 😉

(Pull support hand trigger to temporarily switch to another tool. Default is smooth. Set it by pulling support hand trigger while pointing to a tool on the tool tray - little yellow arrow at the base tells you which is set.)

Believe it or not that's one I actually did manage to find on my own 🙂 Can't imagine wanting to have anything other than smooth assigned to that (Excellent choice of default) Between trigger-smooth and double tapping the gear button for add/subtract it's just as fluid as keyboard shortcuts for the same thing in blender!

bhsharp said:

Also, @P3nT4gR4m , inflate / deflate DEFINITELY do strength control with the trigger pull, and that works pretty well. (Very slight trigger pull inflates/deflates very slowly.) Important for finesse in doing surface detailing.

Cheers, I'll have a try at this when I get home (work has now become this horrible place that keeps me away from Medium)

Anonymous
Not applicable

bhsharp said:
(Pull support hand trigger to temporarily switch to another tool. Default is smooth. Set it by pulling support hand trigger while pointing to a tool on the tool tray - little yellow arrow at the base tells you which is set.)

oh shit! My 'add clay then smooth' game just got stronger.

KevinLongtime
Heroic Explorer

bhsharp said:

Also, @P3nT4gR4m , inflate / deflate DEFINITELY do strength control with the trigger pull, and that works pretty well. (Very slight trigger pull inflates/deflates very slowly.) Important for finesse in doing surface detailing.

Inflate / deflate is one of my favorite tools!