cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird graphic issues?

grad89
Honored Guest
i have this weird graphic issue,  anyone else have this kind of problem too? how to fix it?, and yes i use an AMD card, i read medium has some problem, is it better to change to nvidia card?( i do have plan for upgrading) ua1c66t4l2e2.png
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MattHickman
Rising Star
So, latest AMD drivers should fix this, we haven't been seeing this on latest. Most of those issues as well as some of the others don't occur on nvidia. It's pretty much down to the fact we run on OpenGL and AMD just doesn't really support it as robustly. We'll be moving away from OpenGL in the future but as you can imagine it is a huge undertaking, so in the mean time a switch to nvidia would most likely aleviate that but new drivers should help you in the short term. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

MattHickman
Rising Star
So, latest AMD drivers should fix this, we haven't been seeing this on latest. Most of those issues as well as some of the others don't occur on nvidia. It's pretty much down to the fact we run on OpenGL and AMD just doesn't really support it as robustly. We'll be moving away from OpenGL in the future but as you can imagine it is a huge undertaking, so in the mean time a switch to nvidia would most likely aleviate that but new drivers should help you in the short term. 

grad89
Honored Guest
thanks for your response, i've updated to the latest AMD 17.10.1 driver, but it doesn't works for me, i guess, switch to nvidia card are only option for me now .

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've seen the "update to new drivers" solution mentioned many times, but it really, really doesn't work. I've yet to find anyone with an AMD card for whom this has worked. It really is a shame because it is a great program, but this shader issue really makes it difficult to use. Switching to another video card for a few hundred dollars is a fairly expensive solution. 

For the record I have updated, uninstalled, completely wiped drivers with uninstall utilities, reinstalled, tried every combination of old drivers > update to new drivers. It really seems like updating the drivers has nothing to do with this shader issue. 

The interesting thing is that all of the intro graphics and the medium logo do not suffer from this issue. So some shaders obviously do work properly. It's just very frustrating to have this issue.

Edit: I just ended up switching to an Nvidia card. Works fine now. 

MattHickman
Rising Star
AMD is an ongoing trouble spot for us until we're off OpenGL, there are frequent regressions with those drivers so I think you'd be surprised how often it does help. We suggest it right off the bat because it's usually the simplest solution for a potentially complex issue.

If you attach dxdiag info and driver version we can dig in and see what else might be going on.