cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 oculus quest 2 share apps

EatMyBrisket
Honored Guest

I bought 2 oculus quest 2 devices. I have a few questions before I pull them out of the box and set them up. I’m hoping to link them up to do multi-player games. 

1. will I need to have each device connected to a separate Facebook account?

2. Do I need to buy the same game twice or can games be shared across two devices?

3. How long does it typically take from open box to start playing? Trying to decide if I need to set them up before Christmas morning. 

6 REPLIES 6

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, EatMyBrisket! This is a bit of a tricky one, but we can hopefully give you some answers and make Christmas day a little easier on you and more fun for the kiddos! You can easily

connect multiple headsets under the same account and have the devices sync libraries and data. If you purchase a game on the account it can be accessed and played by both devices so

long as its installed, but some games with cloud sync features may result in one device overriding the data of another (depending on the title of course). Other games can be enjoyed by both

devices at the same time making for easy multiplayer game time; If the title offers its own account system separate from the Oculus account (I.e.- Rec Room, Walk about Mini Golf, Eleven

Table Tennis). For other titles that only don't allow same account multiplayer, each device will need its own account and to purchase the title two times; one for each individual account in

order for multiplayer to be accessible. (specifically titles that use Facebooks multiplayer features wont be accessible on multiple HMDs at the same time using one account.) We hope this

answered all the questions you had. If any more questions arise feel free to reach back out. 

Cheers, 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Just so people are aware. If you turn on app sharing, then you can't use one account across multiple devices to play any games.  It will say "Multiple devices can't access this app at the same time". Just turn off app sharing and then you can play the games across multiple headsets.

So so get a game onto a second device are you saying that you first turn on App Sharing on the 2nd device. Download it. Then turn it off?

Seems to be a very confusing process to play games that I own, within my own home, and together.

Mohiri
Protege

No, sorry if what I said was confusing.  If you have two headsets, log into the same oculus account on both of them. Then you can download any of the games you own on both headsets. You can play multiplayer with the games that allow it. 

The problem arises when you do the following:  For example you log into your account A on all headsets.  All  headsets can access all the games and some allow multiplayer between the headsets (Rec room, mini-golf, etc.).  But say someone has their own oculus account (we'll call it account B).  If that person adds their account to one of the headsets, and Account A allows for app sharing with Account B, then none of the headsets will be able to be in the same game together anymore.  Even if you are both logged into Account A on the headsets. So, no more of everyone being able to play together in Rec room, Mini-golf, etc.  It will tell you that "Multiple devices can't access this app at the same time".  Does that make sense the way I explained it?

Three questions..

(1) So does this from Cas and Chary still hold true (see pic)?

(2) If yes, when I want to play with my son I would change Unit A to the secondary account to play with him.  But when I want to purchase a game I would FIRST need to change Unit A BACK to the Primary Account? 

(3) If Unit A is a Quest 2 and Unit B is a Quest 1, will this all still work?

Thank you.

20211126151442_p.jpg

That picture is how app sharing can work.  If you have two headsets that should work.  You would change to your secondary account to play with him.  But yes, buy the games with the primary account to buy them (since that is the account app sharing).  Some games though, won't let you app share them.  I have no idea how it would work with a Quest 1, as we have Quest 2.

We have more than 2 headsets and that is where we run into problems being able to multiplay on one acount with app sharing on.  Once we turned off app sharing, the issue went away.