Hey guys, i had a bad Experience with the new AMD Driver

my System:

Windows 10 64
MSI Mortar Max B450
Rhyzen 3600
32 GB 3600 MHZ
RX 5700 TX Red Devil
Quest is on V.17 like the Software

After i Updatet to the latest version of Adrenaline and the GPU driver my Link just starts Stuttering like hell. I just wanna know if anybody had the same issues and what could caused that problem

I compleatly deinstalled the new driver and set it back to 20.4.1 and the issues are gone
6 REPLIES 6

killswitch85
Expert Protege
had lags the first time i tried 20.4.1 amd driver but then i had issues using VD aswell... came to the conclusion it was the router so using a tenda nova now which works pretty well (still lags in places). So i tried the 20.4.2 drivers and was still unplayable so haven't tried again.. I will try installing previous driver over weekend and see if it improves now with the new setup. 

have almost identical setup
b450 mobo
ryzen 3600
32gb 3200 memory
msi vega 56

Demawend
Honored Guest

Hey guys, i had a bad Experience with the new AMD Driver

my System:

Windows 10 64
MSI Mortar Max B450
Rhyzen 3600
32 GB 3600 MHZ
RX 5700 TX Red Devil
Quest is on V.17 like the Software

After i Updatet to the latest version of Adrenaline and the GPU driver my Link just starts Stuttering like hell. I just wanna know if anybody had the same issues and what could caused that problem

I compleatly deinstalled the new driver and set it back to 20.4.1 and the issues are gone

I have the same issue, with similar configuration, but no with 20.4.2, but with 20.5.1:
ASUS TUF B450-PRO GAMING
Ryzen 3600X
16 GB 3600 Mhz
MSI RX 5700 XT gaming X
Software was on V18.

I revert the GPU driver to version 20.4.2 (from 20.5.1) and now everything is back to normal.

kure94
Honored Guest
OMG, Thank you So So much! A wasnt even able to play Gorn until now. I got cable for oculus link only after i was at 20.5.1! I was So desperate...

bradbutter
Explorer
Man thank you so much. I had an older motherboard,gpu,cpu, and RAM. I spent $800 on all new parts so i could play VR games on PC.I have almost the exact setup as everyone here. 

Ryzen 5 3600 
ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING
PowerColor Radeon RX 5700 XT
16 GB DDR4 3600

I installed the 20.5.2 as soon as my pc was up and running because it was the latest. I tried everything in the world to fix the lag/stutter. Had it not been for your post. I would not have even thought to install the stable 20.4.2 build thats working for me. Whole time i was thinking "it has the latest drivers" and just moved past it. Going to enjoy the rest of my night playing Alyx. Blessings to you man. 

DeRealMVP
Honored Guest
Rolleing back the amd driver worked for me.
killswitch85 said:

had lags the first time i tried 20.4.1 amd driver but then i had issues using VD aswell... came to the conclusion it was the router so using a tenda nova now which works pretty well (still lags in places). So i tried the 20.4.2 drivers and was still unplayable so haven't tried again.. I will try installing previous driver over weekend and see if it improves now with the new setup. 

have almost identical setup
b450 mobo
ryzen 3600
32gb 3200 memory
msi vega 56

Pixie40
Expert Trustee
If you use two cards in Crossfire configuration, keep in mind that VR games do not play well with that. Disabling Crossfire for your VR apps might fix any issues you're having with stuttering. That said, the release notes for the latest driver do list the following as a Known Issue:

Oculus Link users might experience crashes on Polaris and Vega series graphics products.
Lo, a quest! I seek the threads of my future in the seeds of the past.