Protege

I am so curious about Quest 2 if I play
Beat Saber or any games in Steam. Should I use Link to PC to play it or I have
to pre-download the program to Quest 2 USB to play? Anyone can help me about
this question , thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

enigma01
Trustee
If you want to play Steam games on Quest you’d need to use the Link cable and download the game to your PC. You’ll also need a PC that is capable of running Oculus Link. 

hansmecy
Protege
Can I download or install the game into Quest 2 inner memory (64/256 G) and directly execute the game? 

enigma01
Trustee
Steam and Oculus are completely different platforms. If you purchase a game from Steam, you own it on Steam and would have to download it to your computer and run it using Oculus Link on a gaming PC rather than running it from the Quest as standalone. 

Beat Saber is available either on Steam or on the Quest platform as standalone. If you buy the Quest version from Oculus you’d download that directly to the Quests internal memory and execute the game from there.

hansmecy
Protege
Thanks for answering. 

hansmecy
Protege
How can I know what games in Steam can download directly to the Quests internal memory and execute the game from there. I mean is there any information can let me know what game can do that in Steam or in Oculus?

Eatsrootsleaves
Protege
As enigma01 said only games from the Oculus store can be loaded into the Quest internal memory

hansmecy
Protege
I see, thank you.

beattsabearcham
Explorer

As enigma01 said only games from the Oculus store can be loaded into the Quest internal memory

Thanks!