cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AirLink telling me my PC doesn't meet minimum specifications

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm wondering why my PC doesn't meet the minimum specifications (Oculus Link Compatibility)

My PC:

Intel i7-3770

Radeon RX 560

16 GB RAM

Windows 10

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ohgrant
Superstar

It's the 3770, wasn't even supported for the original Rift. https://support.oculus.com/248749509016567/

There are no socket 1155 CPU's supported. I was using one when I started with the original Rift, with degraded performance. 

That's a 3rd Gen CPU almost 10 years old now, official support started with 4th gen.  If I remember correctly, 3rd gen was the first to have USB 3 support but those early controllers were not reliable to give full bandwidth.

I don't think your CPU is blacklisted or anything and you can spoof it using the Oculus tray tool. Expect poor performance in some of the newer games. If you have a modern USB controller card like this one  

you may want to install it if you want to try wired link.

Based on my experience with the CV1 with the same basic system you have, and the Q2 and link needed more processing power than the CV1 did to run at a higher resolution. Sorry to say I have serious doubts that your PC is capable of giving you any good results in VR.  

Gigabyte  AB350 Ryzen 2700x, 32gb ddr 4 3200, 2080ti. HP Reverb G2, Index controllers, Quest 1 and 2x Quest 2. 65" 3DTV HD3D DLP projector.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

ohgrant
Superstar

It's the 3770, wasn't even supported for the original Rift. https://support.oculus.com/248749509016567/

There are no socket 1155 CPU's supported. I was using one when I started with the original Rift, with degraded performance. 

That's a 3rd Gen CPU almost 10 years old now, official support started with 4th gen.  If I remember correctly, 3rd gen was the first to have USB 3 support but those early controllers were not reliable to give full bandwidth.

I don't think your CPU is blacklisted or anything and you can spoof it using the Oculus tray tool. Expect poor performance in some of the newer games. If you have a modern USB controller card like this one  

you may want to install it if you want to try wired link.

Based on my experience with the CV1 with the same basic system you have, and the Q2 and link needed more processing power than the CV1 did to run at a higher resolution. Sorry to say I have serious doubts that your PC is capable of giving you any good results in VR.  

Gigabyte  AB350 Ryzen 2700x, 32gb ddr 4 3200, 2080ti. HP Reverb G2, Index controllers, Quest 1 and 2x Quest 2. 65" 3DTV HD3D DLP projector.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! It’s probably time to start looking at a new computer 🙂

ohgrant
Superstar

such a historically bad time to be shopping for a video card, I would be tempted to grab a barebones without GPU and use your 560 until things got more reasonable.  Something like this, a copy of win 10 and some RAM would get you by IMO.  https://www.ebay.com/itm/393385169902?hash=item5b979553ee:g:ZoEAAOSwQdZgvuKR