cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any luck connecting a FAT32 USB drive to Oculus Quest 2 using an OTG cable?

debrota
Honored Guest
I have a 256GB USB drive formatted FAT32.  When I use a USB-C OTG cable to connect it to my Samsung Galaxy S8 (Android) phone, the phone can see the files on the USB drive.  When I plug the same into my Oculus Quest 2 headset, I can't see that the USB drive is recognized.  My OQ2 is working in other respects, including with a USB-C cable to a Win10 PC, and able to run Oculus Rift games such as Asteroid Shooter via Oculus Link.
5 REPLIES 5

PITTCANNA
Visionary
Oculus quest 2 wont recognize external storage, most likely it is some proprietary format that won't be disclosed.

debrota
Honored Guest
So Oculus Quest  does, but Oculus Quest 2 doesn't?  Bad decision by Facebook, IMHO.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Neither does. Facebook decided the option to connect to a PC through link was a higher priority than external storage/file access. Even though I would have loved it I agree with them.

Jayphen
Honored Guest
I've had success connecting a USB-C thumb stick formatted as FAT32 to my Quest2, and accessing the files via CX File Explorer.

AFAIK it's not possible without side-loading CX FE or something similar.

piratx
Honored Guest

Does it still works for you? I am having issues and cannot access usb drive with 3 apps I have tried to... 😞 TIA