cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone find the USB C cable falls out easily?

Scaramoosh
Level 4
There is no way I could play with it plugged in, it just constantly comes out even while charging, it just doesn't stay in there. 
10 REPLIES 10

DaftnDirect
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

Mine's pretty tight. I'd probably avoid using the headset with it plugged into the charger though... tripping over the cable could be enough to develop a loose fitting.

I guess if you're just using it seated, that's not a risk. But then if your seated and stationary, the plug falling out shouldn't be too much of a problem either!

I'll be using a battery pack for extended sessions but I need to get a USB to USB-C cable or a USB-C power bank.

Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v21H2 (19044.2075)

Scaramoosh
Level 4
Hmm mine is really loose, maybe I'll send it back, it just falls out sitting there if I move it... never had that from any other device before. 

InfinitR
Level 4
Just checking, but are you sure it's plugged in fully? Black part of plug is seated against edge of Quest on mine...kinda snaps in.

Sicktrash
Level 5

InfinitR said:

Just checking, but are you sure it's plugged in fully? Black part of plug is seated against edge of Quest on mine...kinda snaps in.

This. Mine goes in a bit lose and then clicks in place. Can play whilst plugged into a battery pack no problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Mine is nice and secure, but I did stupidly get the cable tangled in my swivel chair and ripped the plug off the charger end ... I use a back up battery now with a 1m usb to usbc cable (Samsung S8 cable).

Scaramoosh
Level 4

Sicktrash said:

InfinitR said:

This. Mine goes in a bit lose and then clicks in place. Can play whilst plugged into a battery pack no problem.

It clicks, but just is so loose and wobbles. It’s a weird port, I’m used to Lightning which is nice and magnetic... is USB C this poor? I thought it would be magnetic too. 

oAnorako
Level 2
im having the same problem. anyone on oculus support have a recommendation?

Howie_Doodat
Level 8
Sounds like it got pulled on pretty hard a few times if it’s that loose...I actually have a zip tie on the side of my headset that’s around the USB cable so the tension doesn’t hit the port if I duck/stray too far. I know some people just play with the cable hanging around them, which is utterly insane to me, because no USB port in the world is made to with stand the pressure put on it if you step on that cable and jerk it. 

wilza7
Level 5
Velcro it to the headset and something near the pc for some strain relief.  else you'll eventually break something.