cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Sharing and Multi User Accounts Availability for Quest 2 Headset

pyoung129
Honored Guest
When will App Sharing and Multi User Accounts be available - initially announced for February 13, 21
18 REPLIES 18

sambeckett
Protege
Luck is a very bad user experience.  All the blogs write up this new exciting feature for a device that has had major flaws.  Now we turn it on to check out the new features and have to scratch our heads when we don't see it.  Maybe the blog post should say, you will have to wait 3 weeks.  Users shouldn't have to ask in the forums - 'where is it!?'.  Maybe this feature shouldn't get coverage until it is really released.  Maybe there should be away to install the update without waiting a random amount of time. Just yuck.

PITTCANNA
Visionary

Luck is a very bad user experience.  All the blogs write up this new exciting feature for a device that has had major flaws.  Now we turn it on to check out the new features and have to scratch our heads when we don't see it.  Maybe the blog post should say, you will have to wait 3 weeks.  Users shouldn't have to ask in the forums - 'where is it!?'.  Maybe this feature shouldn't get coverage until it is really released.  Maybe there should be away to install the update without waiting a random amount of time. Just yuck.

roll out isn't about luck.  Its about regions, and serialized availability.  If updates rolled out to everyone on the same day the whole server would spike and crash, and leave everyone off line.

Its laughable but to complain about where you are on the roll out list.  The quest is on v25 and has given quite a bit of features over the year.  Just be patient.

leonardsquest
Honored Guest
So got the feature enabled logged in my wife as a second account on our 2nd quest 2 and all works... Except beat saber doesn't show up? I hope that gets fixed. That was the one we wanted most of all.

PITTCANNA
Visionary
https://youtu.be/AxvGC668w1U

a better video that describes and shows how the feature works.

Nunyabinez
Rising Star

So got the feature enabled logged in my wife as a second account on our 2nd quest 2 and all works... Except beat saber doesn't show up? I hope that gets fixed. That was the one we wanted most of all.

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think this was an oversight. Beat Saber is their money maker and I would not be surprised if it stays as one of the "everyone has to buy their own copy" games. 

i7 8700, 16GB, RTX 2080 TI, Rift CV1 | i5 4690K, 16GB, GTX 1660 TI, Rift CV1 | Quest | Quest 2

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Yup, Beat Saber seems to be confirmed as one of the apps that opted out of app sharing, from what I've seen on Reddit.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

joncharl
Honored Guest
Leaderboards also don't seem to be working for the extra accounts, tried with Pistol Whip and none of the scores have registered. 
Can someone check and confirm whether this is isolated to me or a general issue?
Cheers.

leeonl
Explorer
Beatsaber and pop:one is not in the shared list?

sambeckett
Protege
😞