cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps not available in the Oculus store.

Fredrds
Level 2
Hi. New to VR - have Oculus Quest 2 with cable to emulate Rift. I've found several apps that are advertised as being available on Oculus arent in the store. Netflix, Alcove, Youtube, some others. Am I missing something? As far as I know the store is the only way to install apps (other than steam - they arent there either). Comments?
4 REPLIES 4

nalex66
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
The PC desktop app only shows you the Rift store. Some apps are available for Quest, but not for Rift (Netflix and YouTube, among others). You can get them directly from the Quest store (in the headset, or through the phone app) and use them without needing a connection to your PC. 

i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, 3x Samsung Evo 1TB | Startech PCIe 4x USB 3.0 | Startech PCIe 2x USB C 3.1 gen2

TCTA_NH_21
Level 2
On the bar above in the store section, you can see a row Quest - Rift - Go - GearVR.
You can choose which type of Oculus you are using and download, choose the apps you needs.
Some apps are available for Quest, but not for Rift (Netflix and YouTube, among others).

Fredrds
Level 2
Thanks loads folks. To wrap this up: 

The in-VR Oculus store also only shows Rift content IF you sign on with Rift enabled. To acquire or use  the Quest content you have to turn off Rift (left hand icon on control bar). BTW, it looks like there is a lot more in Quest than Rift for some reason, not that Im complaining. 

nalex66
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
You can also browse both stores through the Oculus web site. The Rift store has a greater quantity of content, but the Quest store is more highly curated, so content quality is more consistent.

i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, 3x Samsung Evo 1TB | Startech PCIe 4x USB 3.0 | Startech PCIe 2x USB C 3.1 gen2