cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad echo when in multi-player (solved)

geekraver
Protege
Hi all

I meet up online in games like Walkabout Mini-Golf with a couple of friends. I'm in Seattle, one is in Montreal, and one is in the UK. We all have Quest 2s. When we meet up, I have a really loud echo, about 1 second delayed, of my own voice. I hear very faint echoes of the other two. The other two people only hear faint echoes. Mine is so loud that once it starts, I stop speaking until it is done before continuing, as it is so offputting. I thought it might be local feedback so I tried using headphones, but it makes no difference. It seems to happen every time. I don't think I have any unique settings, so I wonder if there is something wrong with my headset. Anyone else experiencing this?
6 REPLIES 6

Howie_Doodat
Rising Star
Are they creating local feedback? That’s what this sounds like. Or perhaps you guys are in an party but also have an in game voice chat on (mute one)

geekraver
Protege
Interesting idea, although then I would expect that it would be more than just me who hears the echo, in a 3-way call. Will check on that next time though.

Howie_Doodat
Rising Star
I’ve never spoken to a person whole playing VR, so I can’t troubleshoot it unfortunately. I just know I get constant feedback issues with my friends who refuse to wear headphones when we flat game 

geekraver
Protege
Thanks, it seems you were right, the issue was a simultaneous party chat. Much better experience now; no echo and overall less laggy too.

Howie_Doodat
Rising Star
Glad to hear it! Not sure why I troll these boards and try to assist in these sorts of matters, but it’s good to hear positive results! 

jybrd
Honored Guest

Not sure if my last reply worked. We are having this issue now. We chatted just fine the night before, and then last night the echo started. We turned down our volume to next to nothing and it was still there.