cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I install more instances of one game on the quest?

BadDanME
Expert Protege
I´m wondering, if it may be possible to install a clean, official version of Beat Saber and an other one with mods? Maybe with SideQuest? 
Or can I somehow rename gamefolders, so I can use one folder for the vanilla game and one for the modded version?
2 REPLIES 2

Umpa_PC
Rising Star
I would not have thought so, my guess is that paths will we hard coded, Oculus quest does not allow you to choose where to install games. With Android your only choice was either phone memory or sdcard, you don't even get that with the quest, so the game will be be coded to install to a particular directory only. 

If you renamed the directory, assuming you could even start the app it it would simply go to where it thinks the files should be, and not where they are.

I have turned off auto update of apps,  so my modded beat-saber carries on with my modded songs. I manually update the games I want - Even if I have no reason, I like the idea of taking a little control back - lol

Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.

BadDanME
Expert Protege
Haven´t updated Beat Saber since a very long time. But I´m curious for a few DLCs. But the hassle with all the custom songs is too annoying everytime you update the game. So I miss out on all the DLCs, I would have bought, if custom songs were simply supported. 
Thats why I was asking for the possibility of 2 different versions of the game installed at the same time.