cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the you use your pc storage if you like a quest

Star_Ace
Honored Guest
I was wondering if you can use the storage on my PC for a quest cause I'm looking at buying one and this will help my decision on a quest or rift s
4 REPLIES 4

enigma01
Trustee
I think by mentioning Rift S you are referring to games you wish to purchase from Rift Library and potentially play using Oculus Link on the Quest? Oculus Rift games would be installed and run on your PC connected to the Quest. They would take up storage on your PC.

Games purchased for the Quest from the Quest library would need to be installed on the headset itself and utilise it’s built in storage.

Strongit
Heroic Explorer
If you're worried about the storage space on the quest I can tell you that so far for me it's a non issue.  I've had mine since January with at least 20 games installed at once and I'm not even using 20 gigs.  Got the 128 because the 64 wasn't in stock and I'm wishing I had waited to save the money.
Quest 1, i5-8600K at 4.7 GHz, eVGA 1080 ti FTW3, Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming, 16 GB 3200 MHz

McNutts
Adventurer
I got the 128GB because I like having the best there is but like Strongist said its really a waste right now. Almost every YouTuber that does VR recomends the 64GB version. The reason why is because the games for the Quest are pretty small and don't take up much storage. I have around 5-6 games installed, I just got it 3 weeks ago, and I still have 90% of my storage left. If I was using a 64GB version it would be around 80%. 

I say get the 64GB or get the 128GB if you just have to have the best and know that you will never come close to filling up half of the storage.
Ryzen 7 5800X | 3090FE | 32GB@3600MHz | Rift S | 128GB Quest1 | 256GB Quest2 | 64GB Go | PSVR | Index

Umpa_PC
Rising Star

McNutts said:

I got the 128GB because I like having the best there is but like Strongist said its really a waste right now. Almost every YouTuber that does VR recomends the 64GB version. The reason why is because the games for the Quest are pretty small and don't take up much storage. I have around 5-6 games installed, I just got it 3 weeks ago, and I still have 90% of my storage left. If I was using a 64GB version it would be around 80%. 

I say get the 64GB or get the 128GB if you just have to have the best and know that you will never come close to filling up half of the storage.

I got the 128GB, not because I thought I would fill it up straight away, but because I knew uninstalling and installing games is a PITA, and can take ages. 

My Son has just got a quest, and I advised him to get the 64GB because he mainly wants to use Oculus Link, but still wants to be wire free sometimes.

What Oculus should have done is make it work from a micro SDcard.

Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.