cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you still use Quest from a computer pc only or do you need to have a phone app??

keith4266
Honored Guest

Can you sill use with only a pc or do you have to have a phone app??

4 REPLIES 4

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Still just need a smartphone (with bluetooth enabled) to initially setup your Quest (1 or 2) or after a factory reset.  Please refer to the Oculus Support website for details like this;

To set up your Oculus Quest 2, you'll need a smartphone with the Oculus companion app. The minimum OS requirements for phones to run the Oculus companion app are:

Apple iOS 10+

Android 5.0+

Once you've finished the initial setup, you'll be able to do everything in your Oculus Quest 2 headset.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there! The Oculus app on mobile is needed for initial set-up and general maintenance, but aside from that you should be able to make changes mostly from your headset and use it as primarily a PC headset. If you have any other questions or concerns, please contact us!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

keith4266
Honored Guest

Just wondering why i did it initially  with my pc and why i purchased the oculus headset..i didn't have the right smartphone when i bought it..I guess it's a facebook "thing"..I do have the proper phone to do it now..

Just wondering why i did it initially  with my pc and why i purchased the oculus headset..i didn't have the right smartphone when i bought it..I guess it's a facebook "thing"..I do have the proper phone to do it now..