cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controllers not pairing

BeddyDoesDallas
Explorer

Almost 2 months in from my initial problem.....and it gets worse!

The problem that I knocked my Q2 of the desk seems irrelevant, it got stuck in pairing mode. But the problem is apparent if you look and see how many having the same issue. I dropped my Q2 and take responsibility but Oculus have been less than helpful by keep telling me it's not covered under warranty which I clearly stated I wasn't looking for that but simply where to get it repaired, and the final outcome has been to take it back to where I bought it is all im offered in the way of support.

Since then I have bought a second Q2 and just one week in and the exact same 'controller won't pair the handset' issues has arisen through no fault of my own.

2 systems same fault, thousands of others stuck with the same problem. Why isn't this problem in open forums for the world to know there is a big problem with the system, and that Oculus are not correcting let alone even addressing. I would not have bought a second Q2 if I had known that the system is seriously flawed  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello again. We understand these things can be tricky sometimes, but we are here for you. Our recommendation here is to open up a chat or submit a ticket with any troubleshooting steps you have completed with the second headset. Since this is not an accidental damage issue, and depending on your new headset's warranty, we may be able to do more to help resolve this issue. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

BeddyDoesDallas
Explorer

crazy thing is I would have bought a 3rd if I had been given satisfactory resolve 

Hi there. This is definitely not the experience we are striving for and we want to help resolve this controller issue with you! Please submit a ticket and a member of our team will get back to you as quickly as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I appreciate your response and I have spoken to at least 6 agents on at least 4 separate occasions on live chat and it ends the same way every time, they want to get the technical team to further look into it, another 4/5 days passes and I am told yet again that it is not covered by warranty. I would like to add at no point would I, or did I ask for it to be replaced under warranty, as I openly admitted the first Q2 was, as I thought then damaged internally from the fall. Such unsatisfactory resolve with a month spent trying to at least get some information on how to get my unit repaired, I eventually gave in and purchased a second........to my horror and just over a week into my second unit and THE EXACT SAME problem arises but this time absolutely nothing happened untoward. I haven't the strength to go through the same process again to only be sat here with 2 broken Q3 and be told no warranty so I give up, defeated, slightly lighter of savings and gravely disappointed waiting for my savings to be at the point where I can afford a another unit, a different brand obviously

Hello again. We understand these things can be tricky sometimes, but we are here for you. Our recommendation here is to open up a chat or submit a ticket with any troubleshooting steps you have completed with the second headset. Since this is not an accidental damage issue, and depending on your new headset's warranty, we may be able to do more to help resolve this issue. 

ok let's give it another shot

yod1948
Explorer

I had this problem with a GO and used sandpaper to clean the contacts in the controller. Works great now.