cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dead wifi/bluetooth until restart? (Quest 2)

TetraSky
Explorer
Anyone else had this strange issue upon booting up their Quest 2 ?
I powered on my headset and saw a popup that said Bluetooth keeps failing, ok.... Well the controller still works so I press to continue and reach the home screen.
I then tried to open firefox to play MoonRider for a bit, "no internet connection found". Well, that's a bother. Checked the wifi, sure enough, it's disabled for some reason.
I tried enabling it, but after maybe 3 seconds, it kills itself again (it never actually connected nor showed the list to wifi network available nearby).
At this point I figure it's a problem with the wireless chipset ? I rebooted the headset and now everything works.
I am at a loss. This is already my second unit, after the first one had a tiny line of stuck white pixels in the right eye, really don't want to return another one again, since Amazon won't be happy about that.
1 REPLY 1

ScottyBot
Explorer
I have similar to both of these issues, and an active support ticket in regarding the Bluetooth failing after reboot. #1720293 
On reboot my headsets (plural) fail to re-pair with my Bluetooth gamepads. Also when the headset goes into a deep sleep mode (overnight, while at work etc.), it will not connect via 5ghz again until I reboot (thus wrecking my Bluetooth gamepad)... The tech support is pretty miserable and blame everything but the headset...