cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling Guardian?

InfinitR
Protege
Anyone know how? I set the Quest up in Developer Mode on my Oculus phone app, but do not see any options for turning it off completely. I know there is that guy playing in an entire park field. I am trying to use an empty gymnasium. Guardian allows be to create about a 30x30 ft space, which is awesome....but I want to go further!

Best case would be a patch down the road that natively supports larger (or unlimited) space. I'll sign a safety waiver 🙂
11 REPLIES 11

Eispfogel
Expert Protege
From the Home Menu go to: Settings -> Developer Options -> Disable Guardian
You do not need to set the Headset to Developer mode. At least for me the Option was there before i did that.

Dreagleg
Protege
How'd you get an empty gym!? 

InfinitR
Protege

Dreagleg said:

How'd you get an empty gym!? 

work on a campus 🙂 .... gonna look again thanks!

InfinitR
Protege

Eispfogel said:

You do not need to set the Headset to Developer mode. At least for me the Option was there before i did that.

You are talking about Quest and not Rift right? Are you talking about in the phone app or in the headset? Either way, I don't see any Developer Options.

Eispfogel
Expert Protege

InfinitR said:

Eispfogel said:

You are talking about Quest and not Rift right? Are you talking about in the phone app or in the headset? Either way, I don't see any Developer Options.

In the Quest yes. It is German for me so i write it down in german first and try to translate:
Einstellungen -> Alle Anzeigen -> Entwickler. That should translate to: Settings -> All Settings or Show All -> Developer -> Guardian.

Sorry..it seems i have missed that part above.. 😕

InfinitR
Protege
I'll look again thanks...

Wondering if it's a territory thing that was disabled for silly Americans on US versions.

InfinitR
Protege
Somehow didn't see it before but found it now. Thanks.

MetaRick0001
Protege
Doesnt seem like you can disable it permanently, Wants you to accept Guardian system after a few mins. The Splash Screen/Kiosk/Not getting back into VR experience keeps on haunting Mobile VR (Go and Quest). Can only think its to push enterprise features that will be payed for for anything to do with Kiosk mode type features. Be great to hear from someone who could shed some light 🙂 

Thunderbolt01
Honored Guest
I HATE Guardian! It´s a shame you cannot disable it permanently.