cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling the night mode

jmalmsten
Adventurer
Ok. I know the thinking behind Night Mode. That it is supposed to help with eyestrain by lowering the amount of blue light. But... 

In all honesty, I have it activated on my phone and it works fine. The effect is subtle and not too distracting. But on the Quest... It's like a monochrome orange filter is slapped on top of my eyes. Making all things ugly urine orange. It's so jarring and so distracting that I need to immediately leave whatever I'm doing to go into the universal menu and turn the night mode off to get any kind of color variation back. 

Will there ever be a tweak to night mode to make it easier on the eyes or at least an option for us who prefer color variations to simply disable the auto turn on of the feature? Because right now it's a major annoyance for me every time I pick up the quest at night time. 
4 REPLIES 4

ohgrant
Superstar
 You just want to disable it? Settings > See all> in Display category turn off "night display"  
Gigabyte  AB350 Ryzen 2700x, 32gb ddr 4 3200, 2080ti. HP Reverb G2, Index controllers, Quest 1 and 2x Quest 2. 65" 3DTV HD3D DLP projector.

jmalmsten
Adventurer
I know I can disable it temporarily. It's what I've been doing since the feature appeared on my Quest. I want an option to disable the automatic re-activation that gets triggered every new night. 

I want it to stop enabling itself until theres a tweak so it shows more colors than bright yellow. 

ohgrant
Superstar
 That doesn't happen here. My night display has remained off since I got it last year
Gigabyte  AB350 Ryzen 2700x, 32gb ddr 4 3200, 2080ti. HP Reverb G2, Index controllers, Quest 1 and 2x Quest 2. 65" 3DTV HD3D DLP projector.

RuffioDK
Protege
IMHO these things would be nice regarding the night mode:
- variable degree of redish. The user should be able to choose how intense redish/removal of blue should be. This is standard in Android.
- change of night mode shouldn't just be on/off. There should also be an 'automatic mode' that takes location, day of year and time of day into account. Again this is standard on most phones.
- change of night mode should be a smooth transition, not a hard on/off.