cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disturbing trend in the Oculus store

Ender772
Protege
So I am noticing a disturbing trend within the Oculus store. Games seem to be released at full price at a demo-like state. These "full" games usually only have the bare minimum requirements to be considered a game. Is 1 level a game. No matter how good that 1 level is it is can it really be a game? So what happens? Demo-like games get released at full price and they only get updates and more content if enough people bought that game...This is setting up to be an avalanche and I cant be the only one who notices.
39 REPLIES 39

Swifty0ne
Expert Protege
He returned SuperHot... Yeah dude VR is just not for you am afraid. Return your HMD and stick to pancake. 

Ender772
Protege
superhot was boring af....i almost fell asleep while standing up

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ender772 said:

As I said...research the games before hand. Pretty much every youtuber has done a review on just about every game available. You can even watch live streams of VR games on Twitch. If you bought something that doesn't appeal to you...that's on you. As for Space Pirate Trainer not being worth the $15...what planet are you from? A movie costs at least $10 these days, and a beer's at least $6. $15 for a game is pretty damn reasonable. Besides...Space Pirate Trainer has a demo...you should have tried that before wasting your money then. Seriously...you sound like someone that's just not happy with anything. Gaming just isn't for you.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Ender772 said:

But you think Drop Dead and Space Pirate Trainer are better? You have a very unique taste in gaming.

Drop Dead and Space Pirate Trainer are monotonous and easy. Superhot requires some skill and planning to complete. Especially in comparison to those two games.

It sounds like... in addition to disliking expensive things, you also dislike difficult things.

Ender772 said:

yes..sidequest is nice...but they have been updating the quest like once every 2 weeks and every 2 weeks i have to redo it...almost not worth it...

Hasn't Quest just had 2 updates... well I'm pretty sure the last one was 6 weeks ago and I only remember one before that. But anyway, what do you have to redo? I installed SideQuest in June and it's still working fine, I haven't redone anything.

13700K, RTX 4070 Ti, Asus ROG Strix Z790-A Gaming, Corsair H150i Capellix, 64GB Corsair Vengence DDR5, Corsair 5000D Airflow, 4TB Samsung 870 , 2TB Samsung 990 Pro x 2, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, Quest, 2, 3, Pro

Ender772
Protege
Space trainer you can actually play again and whats more you can get better and the levels at least have some variation while superhot on the other hand is more like Dark souls..you just die a million times until you happen across the right strategy..and you cant see whats coming so you cant prepare for it. I mean past the immediate.

bigmike20vt
Visionary
Not all games are for all people. You don't like Superhot and that is totally fine. I don't like EVE or DOTA2 but given the millions who do I would never dream of criticising them, they are just not for me.
Dark Souls however you are way way of base.
Dark Souls is a totally skill based game, definitely not easy but it is totally fair. Screw up and it is always down to the player not doing it right.  (I need to go back to that one as it happens. Am 3/4 of the way through then stopped playing.) 
Again like it or not that is a personal taste thing but it is down to timing and dexterity. If you are leaving it to fluke killing things you are doing it wrong.
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

inovator
Consultant
Superhot is boring? It goes to show that different people have way different tastes. My brother couldn't get past the red solid shapes. I loved superhot.

TragicDelight
Protege

Ender772 said:

yes..sidequest is nice...but they have been updating the quest like once every 2 weeks and every 2 weeks i have to redo it...almost not worth it...games worth over $30....only beatsaber..Space pirate trainer if it had a little more variety...but space pirate trainer and drop dead are both worth more than the $15 asking price..Tilt brush is close as well...

go back to playing roblox

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you like something, keep it and enjoy it.  If not, and you can return it, do so.  Are we really telling people that, because many people like something, they are required to also like it.  If you have specific reasons for not liking something, and want to share, fine.  The same goes for the supporters.  I run into the "I have golden ears and you must be tone-deaf" on Audio Forums all of the time.  Around and around we go.