cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download games onto PC or Quest2 itself

Boostinu13
Honored Guest
Hello, I am just wondering is it better to download the games onto my pc or the quest 2 (128gb) itself? which is better performance?

I am loving the headset, had the PS4 one before but hardly used and find this a huge step up so want to make sure I use it at its full potential.

Using it from the computer maybe using air link or the link cable depending on my mood. I know the link cable is superior to air link.

I assume if the game is installed on the PC it will use the PCs hardware to do everything? So for example I downloaded the two spider-man games, one of them let me choose what graphics quality to use, so if its on my pc I could choose a lot higher settings and guessing it just casts it to the quest which also makes the quest work less so less temperatures? and if it is on the headset you can not choose as high settings as the quest has to do everything itself?

I assume

Install on PC and use a link cable is the fastest and best quality

Install on PC and use air link is seconf

Install direct to quest is third but still good.

Thank you.

-------------------------------
If it depends on the specs of my pc then:

my wifi is wifi 6, 5ghz with a 1000Mbps connection. My connection is wireless at the present but will be wired soon

5950x CPU with rtx3090 GPU

970 EVO SSD NVME

36GB Ram

3 REPLIES 3

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

When you Ethernet wire your pc Air Link should work very well and will probably be your preferred mode.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Great thanks, so def install to computer not direct to the quest.  I wont always use link but will sometimes also. thanks for that. 

Remember, the games are different. The PC version will not run directly on the Quest and vice versa. Some games are crossbuy, so if you buy one version you get the other for free but they are still different games and will only run on the system they are intended for.