cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

During initial setup, showed Facebook friends on Oculus. How do I search for friends again?

WarpedTrekker
Expert Protege
The initial setup had an option that showed some of my friends that had Oculus. I selected two but now want to go back and select more people. The only option I see now, is to manually type names into the search bar. Is there not a way to go back and add more of my facebook friends and see who has the Oculus?
10 REPLIES 10

WarpedTrekker
Expert Protege
i guess its not possible? How else are we supposed to know what FB friends use the Oculus? I'm not going to search name after name of hundreds of friends.

Ozzelot1
Explorer
first option)
for example start oculus app on pc. on the left menue choose home. on the right side, scroll down. 
then you will see your friends 

2nd option) start the oculus app on your smartphone. go to social menu on the bottom, then you will also see your facebook friends with oculus account

regards stefan

Ozzelot1
Explorer

i guess its not possible? How else are we supposed to know what FB friends use the Oculus? I'm not going to search name after name of hundreds of friends.

first option)
for example start oculus app on pc. on the left menue choose home. on the right side, scroll down. 

2nd option) start the oculus app on your smartphone. go to social menu on the bottom, then you will also see your facebook friends with oculus account

regards stefan

OMMBoy
Explorer
Hi, WarpedTrekker and Stefan!
I'm a noob to VR and just received a Quest 2 for Christmas. I came here looking for an answer to the question posted by the OP as I experienced the same thing: I saw friends/family whose names showed up as having an Oculus and thought I could go back and add them later. Sadly, only a search bar shows up now.
I'm a Mac user, so Stefan's first suggestion is a no-go for me, and the 2nd option only shows the "add user" icon which then shows a search bar when clicked.
I think the devs missed this, but I'm sure they'll fix it in a future app update if enough users post about it.
umuyik2nclrg.png

WarpedTrekker
Expert Protege

Ozzelot1 said:

first option)

regards stefan

The option to list friends on oculus is not there. Show a screenshot of what you see. 

ReSiN00
Honored Guest
Same issue, no idea which friends have a vr.

WarpedTrekker
Expert Protege
Can anyone from Oculus please advise how to search for Facebook friends that have Oculus, after the initial setup?

zeroize852
Honored Guest
same problem, shouldnt be that painful to add this function?

Wedgedj
Honored Guest

April 2021 and still can't do it 

It's madness