cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIXED: No Man's Sky Loads outside SteamVR (RX 580 issue)

Mytholibar
Explorer
So I have oculus desktop loaded, quest linked,  load steam VR  can load a bunch of steam games, except No  Man's Sky.  NMS shows as next up in the headset.  A window opens on my PC with the dual-display that should be in the headset, the headset stays on "next up".  I may have messed things up by trying to do the pre-beyond no man sky loading.  Tried loading vridge and the adb registry hacks.  Suggestions?
6 REPLIES 6

ZenekiVR
Explorer
Try manually add to Oculus library and add -HmdEnable 1 to parameters. Sometimes NMS just freezing on startup when only reboot helps

Mytholibar
Explorer
I'm not sure what "add to oculus library" means  I can't find it in the Oculus library.  I did add the -HmdEnable 1 to the steam launch but no effect :(.  going to uninstall re-install everything see if that changes.

ZenekiVR
Explorer
In desktop app in library right upper corner + sign, in dialog window choose not listed and point to NMS.exe in steam library directory

Mytholibar
Explorer
My AMD RX 580 maybe the issue.  I installed an older GeForce and it seems to work, laggy.  I put the RX 580 back in and the same issue after going through Driver's unloading and reloading.  ARG. (was never and AMD fan, to begin with)

Mytholibar
Explorer
FIXED::::  So I tried driver 20.4.2 failed  20.5.1 failed.  Use the pro software for enterprise 20.Q2.1 and everything works like a charm.  Thank you for the assistance omg.nerd.  It was an interesting battle.

FelicityC
Adventurer
Yeah even with nvidia I don't upgrade lmao upgrading graphics drivers is the biggest scam there is within a certain date range

441.41 and everything feels great, used to like 395 but it seems worse now esp with a 20 series.

AMD is similar, idk why people upgrade immediately at all. They're not required, unlike... oculus'...
8700k @ whatever i feel like, 2070 Super, 3200mhz 32gb memory @ CL16, 1tb wd sn750, msi z370 gaming plus, pvc pipe gun