cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Half Life Alyx stutter and screen shake WITH Oculus Link Cable

Diehard308
Explorer

Been noticing a consistent stutter/screen shake on Half Life Alyx while using Oculus Link with the official usb-c link cable. When I turn my head in-game more than 20 degrees, my game looks like it's having a seizure. I know its not the quest 2, cause the games I run from the quest itself run far far smoother. I've tried lowering the graphics settings with little impact, I've ensured my pc is running on max performance settings, and I've upped the refresh rate in the Oculus app. Virtual Desktop probably isn't an option for me since my Wifi connection is very unreliable. I have to use ethernet for gaming. Any other suggestions? Thanks! 

My Specs

Acer Predator Helios 300 PH-315

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.21 GHz (I run turbo on VR)

16 GB RAM DDR4

NVidia Geforce GTX 1060

5 REPLIES 5

tanubon
Heroic Explorer

1060 3GB? 6GB?

6GB

sotomo
Honored Guest

You could try virtual desktop and return it if it doesn't work.  If there is competing traffic causing the wifi problem maybe you can isolate the signal somehow or maybe get a wifi 6 router in the hope that nobody else will be using wifi 6.  Total guess, I'm not a wifi expert.  Also have you checked to make sure nothing else is running in task manager?

Nothing else is running but Oculus and Steam VR. But you just gave me an idea! I’ll try increasing the priority of my oculus app in task manager and see if that improves it!

jesse.brophy
Protege

I had an issue with my link cable start after v25.  Another post suggested - go to TaskManager/Details/Rightclick on OVRServer_x64.exe and set it to real-time.  This resolved my disconnect issue.  Your mileage may vary but I hope it helps you.  I did not have this issue.  Mine was a constant disconnect.  This may be of no help but easy enough to try.  Good luck!